new on this site.

This is for anything with regards to reptiles which is not species specific or over a broad band of reptiles. Be it husbandry, caging, etc. you can post it here.

new on this site.

Postby B.pta » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:39 pm

hey guys my name is ben, im new on this forum. i stay in pretoria and have a couple of snakes now and just got my first copperhead. i love the venomous but am a little scared to get more venomous snakes at the moment. is there someone who can help me with course's and stuff like that. or someone that has a private collection and could teach me how to handle them?

regards ben.

Happy new year
B.pta
SA Reptiles Member

Re: new on this site.

Postby RedGhecko » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Years ago I did a course with Mike Perry which was a "Snake Identification and Handling Course" if I correctly remember. This course didn't include the handling and keeping of exotic species though, but once you attend and pass this course you should be one step ahead, but what are you doing with venomous if you don't even know how to handle them correctly and have no experience? Here is the website URL for the course: http://www.africanreptiles-venom.co.za/ ... ing_c.html
Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather
RedGhecko
SA Reptiles Member

Postby taiwanbeauty » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:40 pm

You’re never going to learn how to do anything if you don't go out there and try it first.
IN THE BIBLE GOD GIVES US PERMISSION TO TREAD ON A SNAKES HEAD, ALL I CAN SAY IS “ PLEASE WATCH YOUR STEP”.
taiwanbeauty
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:28 am

I will be doing a course in Pretoria in January. I would suggest you rather do the husbandry course as it now includes an entire section on "keeping and handling exotic venomous snakes".

I will also present the snake bite, Identification and handling course (possibly February) but this is not going to help you with what you need now.

Keep an eye out in the thread about Courses as it will be advertised there.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Return to General Reptile Keeping