Visited Terrazoo in Rheinberg (Germany)

This is for anything with regards to reptiles which is not species specific or over a broad band of reptiles. Be it husbandry, caging, etc. you can post it here.

Re: Visited Terrazoo in Rheinberg (Germany)

Postby Whitelipp » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:53 pm

Well I dont know about you guys but while looking throuhg the pictures I was constantly thinking how I could improve my cages and display units. Hmmmm make you think.
I like the glass aliminium frames. Looks very cool and gives you many options
Dont bite, strike!!!!

Dont keep it real, keep it EXOTIC!!!
Whitelipp
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bjorn » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:43 pm

That is the dream! Thanks for sharing. I am looking at doing natural displays like this for a new park theme I am trying and I have taken some great ideas from this. The smaller aluminum ages are very similar to the style I have made but just perfected. Truly inspiring!
Regards
Bjorn
Reptilia Traders cc
http://www.reptiliatraders.co.za
Bjorn
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rob Wieland » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:32 am

kinghero wrote:I can only assume that everything happens indoors when I look at the pictures? And they are all stunning. Is this due to the Temperature? How would you compare that to let say one of our zoos? I only know JHB zoo because that’s the only one I have been too recently?

Well they do have outside enclosures, but the gardens open from May to ....(september?). While you guys are going to the end of summer, here spring has just started. Mostly european species are presented outside, most are vipers and most if not all hibernate thats why pics where all taken inside. The gardens are not open at this moment.

Here are some pics from a few years ago:

I've only visited Addo reptile park, but the difference is not that big for the outside enclosures. Of course, the species kept outside in Addo (like rattlesnakes, cobra's, mamba's, boomslang etc.) could never be kept outside in the Netherlands or Germany.

Thanks all for the nice comments, Since all of you are so interested in some good inspiration, I'll post some pics from the Zoo in Berlin and the Zoo in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

Zoo Berlin

Zoo Antwerpen

I've got some zoo's more but have to see where the pics are on my pc.
Rob Wieland
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Groenslang » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:26 pm

Awesome, if I ever go to Germany/Netherlands I am going to visit as many zoos as possible. The enclosures are astounding!
The future depends on what we do in the present. - Mahatma Gandhi

Arno Davies
Groenslang
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to General Reptile Keeping