Backup Plan

This is for anything with regards to reptiles which is not species specific or over a broad band of reptiles. Be it husbandry, caging, etc. you can post it here.

Backup Plan

Postby Burmbuddy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:36 pm

Hi Guys

Been thinking about this for some time. Do any of you guys have a plan for if you get injured or killed as in who would take care of your reptiles? Its a bit of a heavy question but given the guys that keep the bigger ones and hots, surely there should be some thought around this.

I have some mates that know what they are doing and would be able to help out if I went down for some time, but nothing formal. Perhaps just asking a mate outright if he would be willing to take them over should I die/become disabled would not be a bad idea.

Any of you guys have plans like this. Especially interested in the guys with bigger collections and hots.

Dan
Psalms 144:1
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle.
Burmbuddy
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Backup Plan

Postby it_bit_me » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:48 pm

Take advantage of this.
"Between 17 and 21 September 2012, attorneys participating in the National Wills Week will draft basic wills free of charge"
http://www.lssa.org.za/?q=con,228,Natio ... lls%20Week
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Shaun P » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:08 pm

I have thought about this numerous time over. Who will take care of all my animals. My wife has strict instructions as to who my snake collection will go over to should I die, as she will definitely not want the snakes around. My friend to whom I will leave my collection to does not have or keep any hots at the moment so, they will have to be sold. We know some guys around here who keep hots and will help them out with the snakes. I suppose it_bit_me is right in having it in black & white, you never know...
Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles,
It takes away today's peace.
Shaun P
SA Reptiles Member

Postby TonyK » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:22 am

I told the wife to just get the vet over and euthanize the whole collection the last thing I would want is any of my pets to suffer when I am gone.
TonyK
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Lillypod » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:42 am

My boyfriend will take care of my animals :) He will probably get rid of the mice though, he hates them.
3-1-4 Leopard Gecko
1-1-2 Bearded Dragon
0-1 Brown House Snake
2-3 Ball Python
1-1 Western Hognose
1-1 Kenyan Sand Boa
3-2 Corn Snake
0-0-1 Bosc Monitor
0-1 Taiwanese rat snake
Lillypod
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:47 am

TonyK wrote:I told the wife to just get the vet over and euthanize the whole collection the last thing I would want is any of my pets to suffer when I am gone.

Yesterday ,get me over and I'll smokkel the entire collection.
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Return to General Reptile Keeping