Thermostats

This is for anything with regards to reptiles which is not species specific or over a broad band of reptiles. Be it husbandry, caging, etc. you can post it here.

Thermostats

Postby Unforgiven » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:22 am

I just discovered reptile city and I must say wow, a lot of good things there

I just wanted to ask about thermostats, specifically analogue and digital ones. Whats the difference? Are digital ones really worth the 250 extra?

I have never used a thermostat before and have no knowledge about them, other than they are connected up to your wiring system and used to regulate the electricity to ensure you have the correct temp range and don't overheat your reptiles. Are the analogue thermostats particularly difficult to use?

Which would you guys use and why?
Fear not, forgiveness is in grasp
Unforgiven
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Thermostats

Postby Tyronen » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:52 pm

I’ve purchased plenty items from Reptile City and I collected directly. Always been very happy with the service and products.
I got myself one of the Digital thermostats ATC300 I think for around R500. Worth every penny and keeps my heat pads nice and safe for my critters.
Wiring is very simple and does an outstanding job. I’d avoid the analogue ones, probably less accurate and looks ugly. Just my opinion :)
Tyronen
SA Reptiles Member

Return to General Reptile Keeping