New Pics from Metalwing

This is for anything with regards to reptiles which is not species specific or over a broad band of reptiles. Be it husbandry, caging, etc. you can post it here.

New Pics from Metalwing

Postby metalwing » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:17 pm

was playing aroung with a new digital, not great on macro but better than my previous...

By the way, would anyone be able to tell just from looking what the sex of the BHS is, I have met some people who possess such secret talents (BB & BV) but don't know what part of the snake they zone in on.

A BHS

My silver, his name is Happy, I got him for my birthday!

Female CRB, she loves to pose

Male CRB, He doesn't!
Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization. Progress is born of agitation. It is agitation or stagnation.
metalwing
SA Reptiles Member

Postby gaboon » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:27 pm

my guess is a male. How old and how big is it?
gaboon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby metalwing » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:32 pm

about 50cm long and +-18mm at thickest. Don't know age, got him that size. His eyes are alot different than my other one, more yellow but not as yellow as big eyed BHS.
Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization. Progress is born of agitation. It is agitation or stagnation.
metalwing
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushbaby » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:25 pm

I would think it's a female. lol

Send us tail shot (under side of the tail) and we should be able to identify them in no time.
http://www.snakebiteassist.co.za
http://www.reptileexpo.co.za
http://www.boaconstrictors.co.za
Bushbaby
SA Reptiles Admin

Postby froot » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:06 pm

Nice pics Metalwing ;)
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby Bushviper » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:53 am

Trying to sex the snake by looking at the head and top part of the body would be like trying to determine wether a dog is a boy or girl my looking at the head and shoulders. You have to look at the dangly bits on a dog and for a snake you have to look at the tail and preferably the underside.

It is not a secret and we can point out the difference to you when you post the pic. We are here to help others and not have a "secret society of snake sexers" although that does sound rather kinky.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby feri » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:31 pm

very nice pics
what camera are u using
feri
SA Reptiles Member

Postby metalwing » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:09 pm

Thanx feri,
was just joking BV, was pretty amazed last time you sexed my other BHS in like 2 halves of a second. shall post pics asap!
Thanx for being willing to "share the knowledge"

maybe you should have been a teacher! :-)
metalwing
SA Reptiles Member

Postby metalwing » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:13 pm

O, sorry ferry, the cam was one of those Fuji Finefix, it has a macro feature but you cant use the zoom with it, weird! I'm not overly impressed though. I actually shoot with a Canon eos 3, but had a bit of a mishap with lenses that dont fit so now I need to buy a new macro lens, which i dont have money for.
metalwing
SA Reptiles Member

Return to General Reptile Keeping