Customised Reptile Enclosures

This is for anything with regards to reptiles which is not species specific or over a broad band of reptiles. Be it husbandry, caging, etc. you can post it here.

Customised Reptile Enclosures

Postby abNormal » Thu May 01, 2014 12:15 pm

Hey everyone I'm new here but I joined because I'm busy doing some research. I am currently trying to start up a small business which involves the offering of completely customisable reptile and other exotic pet enclosures, this includes everything from Tenrec to snake to Chameleon enclosures. What I am offering are glass tanks which can be made in a variety of designs, all of which can be built to very specific sizes, built with pet-friendly Marine Silicone (as opposed to glue) and if the customer wants, I can set the entire enclosure up which would include the medium, lighting, heating, water bowls etc.

So from what I've provided, I'd really appreciate it if you ladies and gentlemen would tell me what YOU as a potential customer would like to see from me and my business. What else would you like me to offer? What can I try offer that other businesses do not?
Really any comments would be most helpful and I appreciate every one. Thank you all!
abNormal
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Customised Reptile Enclosures

Postby dirkie1 » Fri May 02, 2014 12:54 am

What designs and enclosures have you made before?
Any pics , diagrams, ect.

Regards
Dirk
dirkie1
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Customised Reptile Enclosures

Postby Bushviper » Fri May 02, 2014 9:54 am

If the entire enclosure is going to be made of glass then it will not work for chameleons to begin with. Glass is not a good insulator and for animals that require a stable temperature then glass all around is not perfect. Load shedding is also a factor when deciding against glass.

Glass enclosures for tenrecs is also not ideal as the "aquarium style caging" will lead to a build-up of carbon dioxide. They are nocturnal so being exposed all day every day is not ideal.

Possibly look into a variety of designs and then present them for comment.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Return to General Reptile Keeping