My first kiss......(bite)

This is for anything with regards to reptiles which is not species specific or over a broad band of reptiles. Be it husbandry, caging, etc. you can post it here.

Re: My first kiss......(bite)

Postby reptile » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:44 am

My first bite was made by my first snake, the first minute I held him. Being in Malawi, all my snakes come from our garden, and the first snake I decided to keep was a herald I found one night, I ran back to the house with the snake in my hand, and stopped at the window to show my mother, I lifted the snake, and zap it got me. Being a kid, I was scared the rest of the night, thinking I might get some bad side effects during the night. HAHAHAHa
85% of all snakes are harmless!!!!
0:1 Super Hypo Leopard Gecko
God made everything... It's all to perfect for it to be able to just appear
reptile
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Westley Price » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:49 pm

Mr. Venom, weren't you bitten by a Crotalus or Sisturus a few years/months back???

Jis Mitton, that's one hectic bite. I also tend to swell slightly from non-venomous bites but nothing like that! My swelling is focused around the penetration marks of the teeth.
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Postby strictlyconstrict » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:30 am

Wow Eugene i would have expected much more lassortions than swelling like that, that could not of felt good. You know they say there is two types of snake owners, ones who have not been bitten and ones who are going to bitten. I think its inevatably going to happen, even if all precautions are taken. I took my 1st bite when i was about 15 and 3 months after getting my 1st couple snakes. Unfortunately for me my 1st bite was from a 2 meter RTB. Being a newbe at the time i handled a rat and then stuck my hand in the tank to clean his water bowl ( rooki mistake 101), well anyway my hand got taken as food and it took nearly 10 minutes to get him off as i didnt want to break any of his teeth and hurt him by prying his jaws open. needless to say but lesson learnt haha.
strictlyconstrict
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Mitton » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:00 pm

I guess it was just from trauma, at first I thought it was a vein that was bleeding under the skin. I think if I tried to pull away there would have been lacerations, I just waited for her to let go on her own.
My biggest concern was not being able to play golf the next day :D but I managed and was OK.
www.moreliapythons.co.za
Mitton
Forum gatekeeper

Previous

Return to General Reptile Keeping