Geckos from Uganda

Geckos from Uganda

Postby Sico » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:47 am

i took these pics last year when i was in Uganda. we were breaking down a camp on the shores of Lake ALbert in northern Uganda, and i found these four geckos under one piece of wooden board. they were all pretty much the same size, but four distinctly different colours and patterns. I have no idea what kind they are, any lizard buffs feel free to comment. the first two pics are of the same gecko just on different substrates. all of them were sitting at about 100mm in total length.
Mark
Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, experience usually comes from bad judgment.
Sico
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Geckos from Uganda

Postby Buck Rogers » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:40 pm

What line of work are you in Sico??
Life is a beautiful struggle
Buck Rogers
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sico » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:55 pm

i suppose you could sum it up with "remote site medical support" if you were speaking broadly :)
Mark
Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, experience usually comes from bad judgment.
Sico
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Buck Rogers » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:04 pm

Rad that you get to travel though, I think us corporate slaves sit here and drool
Life is a beautiful struggle
Buck Rogers
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sico » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:13 pm

it is nice to be able to travel to different places with someone else paying for it. you get to some really nice untouched spots (where you then go and drill for oil for a year lol) and you also go through some real dumps (like most "cities" in africa). China was awesome, though you arent sure whether you are in a petshop or a restaurant. i bought some really cool terrapins from a restaurant once (2 long necked, 2 soft shelled and 4 red eared) they all lived quite happily in my office fishtank.
being away from home up to 6-9 months a year is crappy though.
Mark
Sico
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Geckos