hemithconyx caudicinctus-breeding

hemithconyx caudicinctus-breeding

Postby Trayton » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:18 pm

Hi.

Its about time time to put my fat tails together...do any of you guys and gals have any of your own experience breeding them?

Would like a few tips from people I can trust so I came to all of you, let me know.

Thanks guys.
Trayton

Punctuation fixed!
Trayton
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rob » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:24 pm

Just keep them like Leopard geckos. ;)
Rob Deans

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~Dale Carnegie
Rob
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Trayton » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:42 pm

Ahem...

If I knew how to do the "quote" thing I would, but I did ask for someone I could trust & someone with thier own experience!

lol, just kadding....about the first part :lol:

Punctuation fixed!
Trayton
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rob » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:46 pm

The "ahem" part?

Ok im bored of this. Someone who knows about geckos please answer the man. :)
Rob Deans

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~Dale Carnegie
Rob
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:46 am

No need for the disrespect Trayton, it won't conjure the replies you are hoping for.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby Bushviper » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:36 pm

Rob if I was still breeding these geckos I would also do it exactly the same as Leoprad geckos. I have kept a few hundred of these geckos and hatched a number of eggs without doing anything different to Leopard gecko keeping.

I have not owned any of these for a few years now but I assume the husbandry would still be the same.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:59 pm

FROOT - Trayton actually works for me so i get his sarcasm. Cheeky bugger.

BV - I wouldve thought the same.
Rob Deans

Rob
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Trayton » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:07 pm

yes sorry froot...Rob and i laughed about it this morning, my intention was not to come across like that :oops: ,

i was told about keeping them like leopard geckos and asked Rob what he thought...hence his first reply...the reason i had questioned this method was that i had read kynan's article in the old UE mag...he said he put his pair together to prepare their hibernation chambers and turned to check for any signs of aggression,i wasn't sure if they would be aggressive towards each other.

thanks for the replies guys
Trayton
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:05 pm

Ok understood, sorry :oops:

Rob, pay him some more so he can go learn how to punctuate his sentences, I battle to read his posts ;)

Trayton, I would've said speak to Kynan, he would in my opinion be the guy to ask. If you want I can pm you his number.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby Trayton » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:40 am

sorry if you guys are finding it difficult to read my posts, i am english so im not quite sure why they are turning out like that!

anyway i put them together and it was pretty cool watching the male do his thing,he tried for about 5 minutes (this is the second time i put them together) and he was in there :smt040

he looked buggered afterwards, anyway we have to see what happens...im not expecting the first eggs to be fertile.

thanks for the input guys.
Trayton
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Geckos