SA Reptiles Member

Re: Jacksons + Panthers

Postby Chamssss » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:09 pm

Oh and those are the jacksons KingHero^ merumontanus
Chamssss
SA Reptiles Member

Postby monopeltis » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:32 pm

Im sure almost all of those photos have been posted here before??
monopeltis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:39 pm

Are these guys what adults look like?
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chamssss » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:36 pm

1 or 2 of the photos might have been posted with the red and blue panther and the blue panther. But the jacksons have never been posted up there's only myself and 1 other member to have ever posted jacksons pics.

All those chams are adults so yes that's how they look as adults. Waiting to see how the babies of the blue males will turn out looking as adults.
Chamssss
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Leon_Kun » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:18 pm

I know that your trying to show kinghero that you do have Jacksons but just also mention the fact to him that you have the sub specie the dwarf Jacksons chameleon and not the main species Chamaeleo jacksonii jacksonii which would be impressive as you would be one of almost 2 to 3mil people to have one and be a succesful breeder.
1.2.0 Python molurus bivittatus
0.0.1 Epicrates Cenchria Maurus
2.4.0 B. c. constrictor
1.1.0 Epicrates cenchria cenchria
1.1.0 Python Regius
1.1.0 Python reticulatus
1.1.0 Trimeresurus purpureomaculatus
1.1.0 Trimeresurus albolabris
0.0.1 Varanus exanthematicus
Just for the love of reptiles.
Leon_Kun
SA Reptiles Member

Postby kinghero » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:02 pm

Lol just as I thought, now if you had jacksonii that would have been great yea you're chameleons look healthy I complement you on that. K
kinghero
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chamssss » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:50 pm

There are 3 sub species of jacksonii, trioceros jacksonii xantholophus, tricoeros jacksonii jacksonii and mine the trioceros jacksonii merumontanus. The rarest jacksons that you get even in the U.S, Canada and Europe are the Tr. J. Merumontanus.
They go for about 300-400 dollars in the U.S where the xanths go for about 25-100 and I'm not too sure about the jacksoniis...
So I'm quite chuffed about my jacksons :)
My friend has got the xantholophus sub species and I don't know if anyone has the jacksoniis. I'm hopefuly getting a bigger breeding group to work with later on this year or early next year, if I have cash, space and time for them.
Chamssss
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chamssss » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:59 pm

I always thought the xanths were the mains because they are the biggest and most commonly available all over the world but they are quite dull compared to the merumontanus.
If only we didn't have the importing laws then we could also have all of them at cheaper prices, pay a lot for these jacksons...
Chamssss
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chameleon Company » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:18 pm

Chamssss wrote:There are 3 sub species of jacksonii, trioceros jacksonii xantholophus, tricoeros jacksonii jacksonii and mine the trioceros jacksonii merumontanus. The rarest jacksons that you get even in the U.S, Canada and Europe are the Tr. J. Merumontanus.
They go for about 300-400 dollars in the U.S where the xanths go for about 25-100 and I'm not too sure about the jacksoniis...
So I'm quite chuffed about my jacksons :)
My friend has got the xantholophus sub species and I don't know if anyone has the jacksoniis. I'm hopefuly getting a bigger breeding group to work with later on this year or early next year, if I have cash, space and time for them.

the most popular Jacksonii in Europe is Merumontanus not the rarest. The greatest range of chameleon species being bred in Europe is in Deutschland and Czech Republika where the most readily available Jacksoniis are meru's.

Also merumontanus is the most smuggled species of jacksonii into S.A., so rare in S.A. -maybe, exclusive - never!
2:2 Pseudaspis cana
1:2 Dasypeltis scabra

And yes they are all on permit.
Chameleon Company
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Leon_Kun » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:35 pm

I know that the one that every chameleon breeder is after in SA is the Jacksonii Jacksonii.
The subspecies might be "pretier" but not always worth it as the fact that people have breed them successfully takes away the challenge.
1.2.0 Python molurus bivittatus
0.0.1 Epicrates Cenchria Maurus
2.4.0 B. c. constrictor
1.1.0 Epicrates cenchria cenchria
1.1.0 Python Regius
1.1.0 Python reticulatus
1.1.0 Trimeresurus purpureomaculatus
1.1.0 Trimeresurus albolabris
0.0.1 Varanus exanthematicus
Just for the love of reptiles.
Leon_Kun
SA Reptiles Member

Postby kinghero » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:37 pm

i have to agree with chameleon company . . .and speeking out of presonal experiance the hardest to find in sa( so bein the rerest ) i would say is the Jacksonii jacksonii and they are also the most wanted in sa ( do i have to explain why the the rarerest and most wanted ) but im sure i have mentioned this before
kinghero
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chameleon Company » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:47 pm

Agreed, jacksonii jacksonii is the ultimate to have.

Also i see no point in only having 1 jacksonii, my view is if i cant breed it I wont buy it so having only one male is just having a pet and therefore a person is a pet owner and not a breeder!

The rare chams need to be bought and bred in groups not scattered over the whole country.
2:2 Pseudaspis cana
1:2 Dasypeltis scabra

And yes they are all on permit.
Chameleon Company
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chamssss » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:28 pm

Paul, everyone has their own oppinion on the jacksons, I feel the merus are way better especialy colour wise.
And yes Paul I keep chameleons for the fun of keeping chameleons I am not driven to keep chameleons for the sake of trying to make easy money out of it, is that wrong?

I dont see why someone should have the will to breed so many chameleons in an attempt to make the quickest and most money, breeding siblings when it is not necessary is pure laziness and is only for the sake of making money.
And I doubt breeding 40 female panthers is going to work out well.
Chamssss
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chamssss » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:33 pm

And I wouldnt say jacksonii jacksonii is the most pursued subspecie. I think if theres someone that wants jacksons, they just want jacksons regardless of the subspecie. And they want jacksons because everyone loves the horns. Not the colour or size. And all jackson subspecies are rare in S.A but the rarest in the world would have to be the merumontanus ;)
Chamssss
SA Reptiles Member

Next

Return to Chameleons