enclosure bases

enclosure bases

Postby necromantic » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:33 pm

hi im new to the varnus exanthematicus scene im buildin a 6'(L)3'(W)5'(Depth) enclosure and was woundering what type of holding material i can use to hold the substrate in ive been looking for a metal water troff but with no luck yet any ideas plz they will be appreciated thanx...................necromantic
necromantic
SA Reptiles Member

Re: enclosure bases

Postby Sico » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:44 pm

you could get fibreglass matting and use that to cover the interior of the base. make sure it is sanded/sealed properly and cured adequately before you use the cage.
Mark
Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, experience usually comes from bad judgment.
Sico
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:16 am

Grab a phone directory and speak to the guys that do ventilation ducting, give them a design and they will make it for you, try using stainless steel sheeting if you can.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby Buck Rogers » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:25 pm

Sorry I am a bit thrown off here, are you asking what material to use to make the tank?
Life is a beautiful struggle
Buck Rogers
SA Reptiles Member

Postby necromantic » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:16 pm

thanx for the replys guys im all sorted now i was lookin for an underunit material for my enclosure so my bosch can borrow and hide ive got a water trough in place bolted under the enclosure with an entrance into the underside of the substrate with side panels cut into it for viewing im gona get a pic put up on the site for all to see cost me very little to build but well worth the time and effort
necromantic
SA Reptiles Member

Postby necromantic » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:18 pm

Buck Rogers wrote:Sorry I am a bit thrown off here, are you asking what material to use to make the tank?

its not exactly the tank itself i was askin about ,,, it was a borrowing adapt to my enclosure im all sorted now but thanx anyway...................necromantic
necromantic
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:25 pm

necromantic wrote:its not exactly the tank itself i was askin about ,,, it was a borrowing adapt to my enclosure im all sorted now but thanx anyway...................necromantic

Well it is very difficult to know what you are asking about. Your sentence construction and punctuation makes it almost impossible to guess what you asking.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Return to Boscs monitors (Varanus exanthematicus)