Boscs growing nicely

Boscs growing nicely

Postby Marion » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:46 pm

Hi all

After finding out I have a pair I decided to see what weight and length they have gained in the last 2 months.

Louis has grown quite a lot and is now around 70 cm long. He weighs just under 2 kgs now, so he is doing really well. Still has heaps of attitude but that's all part of the fun.

Lily (who used to be named Larry) is not much shorter and weighs in at a respectable 1.6 kg, so she has also grown quite a bit and has gained weight nicely.

They are both shedding like mad and Lily is a beautiful ocre colour under the loose skin. Louis is darker but also a really nice colour now - not as much yellow as Lily but it seems to be coming to the surface nicely.

Both have great appetites and polish off about 15 chicken hearts each in one meal. Now that it's so much warmer I feed them every 2nd day as well as giving them crickets to chase every day. They are very active and are busy wrecking the cage as I type!!

I'm really keen to see how big they will be when fully grown. I am hoping for around a metre and at the rate they are growing that seems quite attainable. Now I have to see if I can get them calm enough to trim those massive claws!!

Marion
Marion
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Boscs growing nicely

Postby Kev » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:56 pm

Good to hear they are doing well... You must put up some pics!
Kev
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Boscs growing nicely

Postby Marion » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:14 pm

I am definitely going to post some pictures. I just have to figure out how to work my brand new Samsung Tablet 7.0 plus!! I thought I was being clever and up to date getting that instead of a normal cell phone and now I'm paying the price. I feel stupid using this thing but I expect I'll get used to it in time. It does so much that it's quite confusing, but with lots of trial and error I am sure I will catch on soon. Then you won't be able to stop me!!

Marion
Marion
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Boscs monitors (Varanus exanthematicus)