Bosc update

Bosc update

Postby Marion » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:30 pm

Well, in my post of 25 August Louis weighed in at around 1.9 kg and Lily at 1.7 kg. I weighed them again tonight and find that Louis is now 2.7 kg and Lily 2.4 kg!! They are growing in leaps and bounds and are both very well rounded. I am just hoping that they are not getting too fat! Does anyone know how much weight they should put on at about 15 months old? It seems mine are just growing and growing.

They eat very well but I don't feed them every day or they would be really fat. The get chicken hearts, chicken necks, livers, hoppers and crickets, so I think their meals are quite varied. They do however eat a big portion every second day. Perhaps I should decrease the servings a bit? I'm not sure. When I took them to the vet in August he said they weren't overweight and were very healthy but I'm not so sure now. Both are very active and spend a lot of time marching up and down and chasing crickets. They are also always shedding, so I'm pretty sure they are healthy - I'm just a bit worried about the weight gain.

Any ideas?

Marion
Marion
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Bosc update

Postby Bushviper » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:53 am

Yound animals with lots of space to roam who are forced to chase down food should not get overweight.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Return to Boscs monitors (Varanus exanthematicus)