Bosc's bite

Postby froot » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:02 pm

Yip, mole snakes are not to be sniffed at. They like to bite down, twist around and pull away and will probably end up with a piece of you in their mouth. Once I saw 2 of them fighting over a mouse. They both got hold of it and in a split second it was ripped apart. A cheeky mole snake is the perfect trainer for wannabe hot keepers.

I have got bad luck when it comes to reptiles biting me.

I hope your luck improves with women ;)
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby Dead_puppy » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:10 pm

A baby nile nailed me aswell about a year ago.. He was angry,si I stuck my finger in the little moniters mouth.WAM, 2 hours later im sitting in a car on my way home with a moniter stuck to my finger>>>> Atleast I had a excuse for transporting a moniter to my house. 6 months down the line tripled in size, released it in rietvlie game reserve. It must have taken me three hours to get him off. He bit me, closed his eyes and never looked back. I put my hand under water until he let go(hes gotta breath) must say it still took a good +-40min(sorri didnt have a stop watch) for him to relax and let go>>>
A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with herps is better.
Dead_puppy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby EDDY » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:10 am

I hope your luck improves with women Wink

What u trying to say?? and who says i dont have luck with woman??

And what luck you talking about, them not biting me :cool: :cool:
"if this car drive into group of gypsy, would there be any damage to the car?" BORAT
EDDY
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Bosc's bite

Postby cobra1988 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:32 pm

A bite from any reptile is no fun.Worst i have had was from our own local water monitor.1m in length.Call me an idiot 4 trying.A monitors jaws are strong as hel.They say they get lock jaw,its not locked if its pulsing on ur arm.They dont just hang on they clamp down hardr in pulses.With the monster hanging on my arm ther was nothing i could do.Al i could do was to lie down and dead stil til he relaxed and let go.But 2 give u an idee of how strong there jaws are. If my 27cm bosc gets a mouses head in his mouth the head simply gets crushed.They dont often get that grip on prey,but if they do,u get the best view of that jaw power,wel best next to having ur finger in that grip.Haha.
cobra1988
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sico » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:13 pm

lets not forget Geckos. I had a finger nail removed by a large Bibrons gecko, and it also took a while to remove the gecko. I would hate to think what a large Tokay could do.
Mark
Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, experience usually comes from bad judgment.
Sico
SA Reptiles Member

Postby LeglessDragon » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:35 pm

I always tell the customers that they are not the best pet snake.

But strangely enough the people on the westrand likes anacondas. They sell well over here.

I think it is because the okes here thought they saw it on the movies.

I live on the West Rand and I do NOT like Anacondas LOL! (and the movies of them are overratted)

Hubby says his brother was there with a larger monitor. He put his hand and monitor under water and patiently waited. The monitor had to let go for air after a while. He has never gone near a monitor again lol!

Agree with Hellemar - The alcohol is for you not the monitor...
My heart always leads, my brain always lags. Words are said in the moment and friendships made or broken. My heart always leads...
LeglessDragon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby top dog » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:47 pm

lol this topic has really brought a smile to my face, odd how i enjoy reading about other misfortune. The worst bite i have ever got was also from a my rocky on the toe, had him running around loose and had my foot over the side of the bed, guess he though my toes where food. I jumped and he clamped down. had to uses a blunt knife to open his jaws. It was not fun at all thou it is rather funny in hindsite
top dog

Previous

Return to Boscs monitors (Varanus exanthematicus)