baby Bosc

baby Bosc

Postby Jason21 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:10 pm

So I finally got my Bosc and for a very good price and done alot of homework reading alot of posts on this forum and everything. I got him from a friend this thursday with cage and accessories included . When I got him he had wood chips as substrate and everyone is saying wood chips is a no go. So Saterday I changed the substrate to what most people use is children's sand pit sand and topsoil, for humidity ofcourse and for borrowing, my cage does not have much depth in it so I bought a small cave like and put quite alot of substrate where it is place also burrowing it with the substrate as it can feels like the bosc is underground. But my worries now is that he is not acting like I got him and also he only ate 2 crickets and a little bit of boiled egg between saterday and sunday? Wherr when I got him he ate like a monster! Is he's/hers behaviour because of the substrate change and now he feels he is in a different enclousure and he needs time to settle in? Or is it something much worse? Please any tips for me? Because it feels like I am starting bad, also I also look for any signs for respiratory infections symtoms and nothing that shows it and he is quite healthy when I got him?
Jason21
SA Reptiles Member

Re: baby Bosc

Postby Ruan Stander » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:53 pm

Maybe it just isn't hungry. It really doesn't need a great amount of food.
The way to success has no shortcuts.
Ruan Stander
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Boscs monitors (Varanus exanthematicus)