My smaller T's and future project.

My smaller T's and future project.

Postby Jacquesm » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:42 pm

So here are some pictures of my smaller T's I have in my collection. Just love watching these T's grow from a small little spec into the majestic creatures that they are. My latest addition, is the H.gigas, and so far has just amazed me, such a wonderful specimen. While doing more research on the H.gigas, I came across a lot of custom cages for them, where one side is the normal peat etc. and the other side of the tank, is a little aquarium, so I took in on myself, to take on this project, unfortunately I did not take pictures from start to end, but will post a picture this weekend of the end product.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jacquesm
SA Reptiles Member

Re: My smaller T's and future project.

Postby ColinWa » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:18 pm

Love the H. Gigas, Recently bought myself one, just waiting for it to get a bit larger. I see a lot of those type of tanks being sold at the expo's now, plan on putting in some small fish and such. There's a few videos on Youtube of H. Gigas swimming, when you have some time go check them out, it's worth it!
"I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man"
ColinWa
SA Reptiles Member

Postby F1refly » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:52 pm

I'm very skeptical of the whole "swimming tarantula" thing. Sure they have the ability, but just because you have water in the tank, doesn't mean it will actually use it. Another thing is, you need to engineer a way to clean the big ponds without bothering the tarantula as they water will become putrid in no time.

Nice H. formosus though, mine seems to be my fastest growing T
"Welcome to Megaton, the Bomb is perfectely safe" - Deputy Weld, Fallout 3

"People don't die in America because of lack of Health Insurance. People die in America because people die in America" - Stephen Colbert

"Just because you don't understand how electricity works, doesn't mean it's the work of god"

Reptiles
1.0.0 Python regius
0.1.0 Pogona vitticeps
0.0.1 Elaphe guttata guttata
0.0.1 Eublepharis macularis
F1refly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jacquesm » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:59 pm

Hi All

So yes F1refly, you were correct keeping the pond clean without disturbing the tarantula was a bit of a mission. So I have gone back to the drawing board for now on the H.gigas enclosure.

Here are some pictures of my L. Klugi molding.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jacquesm
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jacquesm » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:05 pm

Hi

Here are some more pictures of the latest addition to my family.

:smt006
Jacquesm
SA Reptiles Member

Postby JamesG » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:34 pm

Awesome T's man :-D
1.0.0 Antaresia Childreni (Riptide)
JamesG
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Tarantula keeping