Giant Centipedes

Re: Giant Centipedes

Postby Artemis » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:31 pm

Also, I went up2 Wartburg (KZN) over Christmas, caught a Cormocephalus female with a batch of roughly 30 to 40 eggs!! She's a very unusual color, more overall red on the body than the typical olive-green/brown color!! Aside 4rm this lucky find, I also turned over a brick & 2my astonishment there I discovered the most Beautiful Pede I've ever seen with my own 2 eyes!! It's a Cormocephalus Nitidus but a Blood Red color all over!!! Legs, head, body & tail appendages r all indistinguishable 4rm the next, all blood red except 4the antennae, which r the typical black/grey color!! Was most impressed with the latter & have high hopes 4breeding with this 1 in the future!!
Artemis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Viper101 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:08 am

there are plenty around White river/ Nelspruit /Phalaborwa etc...I see them almost everyday crossing the streets, 7 to 13 cm...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Most people erroneously call a snake the Puff Adder, Night Adder, or Blowing Viper, So, naturally they will kill it....
Viper101
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Viper101 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:08 am

there are plenty around White river/ Nelspruit /Phalaborwa etc...I see them almost everyday crossing the streets, 7 to 13 cm...
Viper101
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sico » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:33 am

That picture is of a millipede not a centipede.
Mark
Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, experience usually comes from bad judgment.
Sico
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Viper101 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:09 pm

oh yes, plenty millipedes too, just lift some bark and rocks in the field...
Most people erroneously call a snake the Puff Adder, Night Adder, or Blowing Viper, So, naturally they will kill it....
Viper101
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Other invertebrates