Malaysian Bugs

Malaysian Bugs

Postby Chameleons » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:34 am

Having enjoyed a few months in Mexico, we are now suffering the exotic food and warmer climate of Malaysia. It's hard work but......

I have the opportunity to travel to the Cameron Highlands every month and use the time to see what I can find.

Here are some of the recent goodies:

heteropteryx_dilitata- female_full.jpg

Achiphasma.jpg

Deroplatys_truncata_female_500.jpg

I have set up a new web site to provide information and photos of the bugs that I am breeding in Malaysia -
www.exotic-insects.co.uk
Have a look and send me a comment.
David
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
See photos of Malaysian insects on my Facebook page: Exotic Insects
Breeding Insects as feeder food by David Haggett now available from Amazon
Exotic Chameleons in South Africa, care and breeding by David Haggett also available from Amazon
Chameleons
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Malaysian Bugs

Postby Bushviper » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:38 am

Thanks for not forgetting about us. How you find these must be a mission on its own.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Re: Malaysian Bugs

Postby Chameleons » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:29 pm

Never forgotten! I still have the farm near Brits (for sale....). We all think very fondly of SA and miss it badly.

To be honest, most of the bugs are found by other people. I speak a few words of Malay and part of the fun when we go to the Cameron Highlands is to ask the Orang Asli (aborigines) if they have found anything interesting. They are the 'professional' catchers in the Highlands and still (some of them) hunt with blowpipes. One guy clambered up a vine, high into a tree to grab a stick insect for me.

I have found Orchid mantis nymphs myself, nearer home but some of the phasmids are so well camouflaged that I lose them even in the cage at home!.

David
See photos of Malaysian insects on my Facebook page: Exotic Insects
Breeding Insects as feeder food by David Haggett now available from Amazon
Exotic Chameleons in South Africa, care and breeding by David Haggett also available from Amazon
Chameleons
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Other invertebrates