Small snake in pretoria

Re: Small snake in pretoria

Postby jd7 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:44 pm

The fact that Wesselp is not banned from the forum and been reported is a mystery. That is why there are people out there that specalise in thing like this so you can call them and they will catch the snake and take them away to a better place.
It is not the snake fault that you live there, btw it is call nature and you are evading there habitat so deal with it or pack up and leave make the decision. And I respect that you have children but it is yor duty as a father to teach them about stuff like these.
jd7
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:55 pm

I remove cobras from that area on a daily basis. You have to be really stupid to think there is only one snake. If the child gets bitten please do not ask for any expert to identify the snake as they will all be members on this forum and will probably not arrive to help you. Treatment might thus be incorrect or very slow in coming.

Move to Sunnyside if you dont want to be near nature. Snakes are an integral part of nature.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby MKDobison » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:36 am

Well Wesselp may want to shoot the snake but I do truly believe that the only thing he has done is shoot himself in the foot... What a *****************... I always thought that everyone had the capacity to learn and respect Nature but clearly he is a clear example of self-righteous, narcissistic Egotism... I now know some people are just to selfish and stuck-up to teach...
Look before you leap, For snakes among sweet flowers do creep.
MKDobison
SA Reptiles Member

Postby 78XT500 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:52 pm

Some people like WesselP really should be limited and licenced to live in cities only, and preferably in high rise concrete blocks of flats, without a blade of grass to be seen anywhere.

Why live next to game reserve if you are terrified of animals? So what other animals is he willing to kill that escape from their man made jails? What about shooting Hadedas that make a noise in the morning? Or Eygptian geese that mess on his lawn? Or how about shooting geckos that mess on the window sills.

"I fear for my children". The truth is that his children are more likely to get kidnapped and murdered by a two legged creature than be harmed by a python or any other snake for that matter.

:smt013
78XT500
SA Reptiles Member

Postby scalybunni » Fri May 29, 2015 8:39 am

LOL I cannot... WesselP... Dear WesselP... I would advise you to please pick up a damn reptile book and start educating yourself.

SNAKES WERE HERE LONG BEFORE YOU. They have more right to be here than you. Maybe if their habitats weren't stolen by humans then they wouldn't need to put up with uneducated human beings like yourself. Besides I am pretty sure that the snake is not interested in your kids, you probably read the late bs story of the python "attacking" another uneducated member of society.
The kiss originated when the first male reptile licked the first female reptile, implying in a subtle, complimentary way that she was as succulent as the small reptile he had for dinner the night before.
scalybunni
SA Reptiles Member

Postby scalybunni » Fri May 29, 2015 8:41 am

Bushviper wrote:I remove cobras from that area on a daily basis. You have to be really stupid to think there is only one snake. If the child gets bitten please do not ask for any expert to identify the snake as they will all be members on this forum and will probably not arrive to help you. Treatment might thus be incorrect or very slow in coming.

Move to Sunnyside if you dont want to be near nature. Snakes are an integral part of nature.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The kiss originated when the first male reptile licked the first female reptile, implying in a subtle, complimentary way that she was as succulent as the small reptile he had for dinner the night before.
scalybunni
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Henre » Fri May 29, 2015 9:16 am

I can not within myself come to the conclusion that someone could be so narrow minded. On the other hand I am amazed to what extent certain people will go to in order to get attention! Where does one find the time to dig up an old thread from 2009? Do you have nothing better to do with your time, where do you find the money to pay for a computer :lol: You must be trolling!

Then again, thank you for reviving this thread, perhaps someone would now go and follow up on the well being of this amazing animal...

If by the odd chance you do end up being a real person with real children and you are actually lucky enough to stay on the border of a nature reserve, consider the fact that your children as well as yourselves should think yourselves extremely privileged should you ever be awake enough to spot a snake this size. It is something you do not come across every day and I hope your children end up being more educated than you, unless you have already tainted them with your narrow minded world view!
Henre
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Natal rock pythons (Python natalensis)