Jungle Jag and Sibling

Jungle Jag and Sibling

Postby Mehelya » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:15 am

Well, after a deal gone south with my coastal carpets, and getting a bit of a sore tooth about the Morelia spp., I was lured into temptation by vuduman at the 2015 December Expo in Durban, and bought a pair of his carpet offspring. I can honestly say that I am not disappointed.

Jungle Jag female

Normal Sibling Male (excuse the blurry face, he was not happy)

I was aware of the neurological issues associated with the Jungle Jags, and even though she goes a little wonky when excited, or stressed, she is an otherwise healthy normal little girl, and I am just amazed at how quickly she is growing, and coloring up. The male already has an intense yellow starting to show through, and I cannot wait for them to grow up , and produce some nice little biters for me again.

Vuduman, they are a pleasure to work with, and I'm glad you twisted my arm for them. Pity I couldn't take the parents as well... :lol:

Thanks for looking, and enjoy!
Rian
If I wasn't me, then I'd probably be someone else...
Forceps. Not fingers...
Yes, it probably will bite you if you carry on that way...
Mehelya
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Jungle Jag and Sibling

Postby Westley Price » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:46 am

I somehow missed this post.

Very nice Carpets man. The normal has very pretty lateral patterns and turning yellow already at such a young age is a good sign.

Keep us posted.
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Mitton » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:55 am

Damn, also missed this post, thought it was new untill I read Westley's reply.

Those are nice, they are even better now, saw updated pics last week.

That sibling is a stunner.
www.moreliapythons.co.za
Mitton
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Mehelya » Wed May 04, 2016 8:34 am

Westley, I also love the almost complete stripe running down the spine of the sibling, and yes, the yellows on him are going to be insane, if he is looking this good at this age... The female has a stripe running down her entire belly as well (broken in places, but still a stripe of sorts) also looks pretty nice on her. She's getting hints of yellow on her snout as well now, but if she's like her mother, she'll be a lovely light biscuit color all the way through.

Mitton, thanks man. I snapped these shots last night, just a quick one to show them now. They are growing nicely, but the male is a bit nippy at the moment. Gave me a good bleeding last night to get these photos... The female on the other hand, has yet to even strike at me... Think I need to get her a nice unrelated jungle jag male, and see what comes out, as well as something decent for him to go with...

Male

Female
Rian
If I wasn't me, then I'd probably be someone else...
Forceps. Not fingers...
Yes, it probably will bite you if you carry on that way...
Mehelya
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Australasian pythons (Antaresia, Aspidites, Liasis, Morelia sp)