Snappy Dumeril Baby

Snappy Dumeril Baby

Postby Tyronen » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:48 am

Hi,

I was wonder what your guys experience was with regards to Baby Dumeril Boas :D

I got my little chap at the Reptile expo earlier this year. Its growing like a champ, has killer good looks and snacks on 2 largish rat pups every week without fail! It’s around 2-3months old at the moment.

This little bugger is a bit feisty, it’s tried to bite me twice now. I’m handling it every day but it seems rather nervous most of the time. In the morning the temperament is a bit better but at night it’s got that wild look in its eyes and sometimes hisses when being picked up.

For those that have had Dumeril babies, have you found their temperament a bit snappy and nervous when they were young and did they settle down as adults?

Having an 2 metre Dumeril that likes to bite won’t be all that fun….well for me at least :lol:

All my other snakes are super calm.
Tyronen
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Snappy Dumeril Baby

Postby michael » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:19 am

Dumerils boas are usually quite calm. I’m sure yours will outgrow in nervousness with time. I don’t think I have ever seen an aggressive adult.
Michael Burmeister
Psalm 115 v 1
michael
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Tyronen » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:57 am

Here is my little baby Dumeril, doing a bit better since it shed. Hasn't tried to bite me in two days :D It's growing really nicely.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tyronen
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Snake Charmer » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:01 pm

My little one isn't nervous at all. He's like a "lap dog" ha ha.
Repetition builds confidence!

MP
Snake Charmer
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Madagascan boas (Acrantophis & Sanzinia sp)