Anaconda killed

Re: Anaconda killed

Postby Bushviper » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:19 pm

Rural is rubbish. They have access to earth moving equipment !!!!!! The snake definately did not come cruising up their driveway. These snakes are super secretive and to get to that size she would have been at least 10 years old. There is no way she was living in the local pond during this time. It is not as if they do not have running water and need to get to the river for it.

These are not the only pictures in the series and the others show the houses and cars as well.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby snake-5 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:10 pm

This stuff makes me ill, when will people learn **ITS NOT AN ANIMAL PROBLEM, ITS A PEOPLE PROBLEM** these animals have absolutely nowhere to go, humans are stuffing up this planet at a scary rate and its the future generations that will ask, what was a shark, dolphin, snake. Animals were there long b4 people ever were and if they cant live in harmony the people should move not the animals, i hate the old sayings of kill the animals i would rather say like the Oz goverment with salty's they woulkd rather people be killed than the crocs as people know the risks but crocs are purely instinctive.
MY RETICS ARE ADIMANT THAT PEOPLE TASTE LIKE CHICKEN.

Im Zenafobic... that zena chick from t.v scares the cr@# out of me.
snake-5
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Hustler » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:16 am

That was pointless and the most disgusting thing ever, they all look happy about it to showing absolutely no remorse for their actions and to think that this is the world we live in today. I fit was because the poor thing found itself in their neighbourhood then why would they still cut it open, what bloody reason is there for this?! Simply disgusting and nicely said Wes.
The man who has no imagination has no wings. -Muhammad Ali

You can live every day like a man. But if you do not die like a man then it all means nothing.
- Egan Inoue
Hustler
SA Reptiles Member

Postby ptenopus » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:39 am

I agree with you fredsmith. Of course its horrible to see a beautiful snake cut up and killed like that but it is a part of "rural" culture. Having been to Brazil, Columbia, and many central american countries, Ive had first hand encounters with people like these, and to them, its a way of life. Matter of fact Im sure they think they just did the town a massive favor. From day one these people are taught to fear snakes. A good snake is a dead snake in just about every country snakes inhabit. Hell, i could drive a few hours and watch a "rattle-snake round up", where thousands of Crotalus are butchered "just because". I know that useless cr@p goes on. I know people swerve in their cars to purposely hit snakes in the road. I cant find reason in hating these people or even wishing for ebola to strike them in the night. But i can help educate friends and family and damn near anyone i come in contact with about snakes and how to safely handle them, or avoid them completely with no one on the losing end of the encounter. In my opinion thats the best us as reptile enthusiasts can do
ptenopus
SA Reptiles Member

Postby fredsmith » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:26 am

Thanks Ptenopus.
The "Rattle-snake round up" is a whole other story on it's own... The round up happens in a "First World" country as opposed to wherever this Annie met her end. A major difference in my opinion (limited I'm sure). If people get worked up over the butchering of snakes, these are the people we should be getting worked up over.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- Albert Einstein

Fred Smith
fredsmith
SA Reptiles Member

Postby ptenopus » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:57 am

Absolutely. A local man kills an anaconda.....ok how about an entire state organizes an event that kills thousands of crotalus....every year!?
ptenopus
SA Reptiles Member

Postby BCC » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:31 pm

All of you have some valid points about this Anaconda & about the Rattle snakes. My feeling are - rural or not there is still moral, and morally it was WRONG to kill this beauty! You imagine her out in the wild, no steady food supply like we provide our snakes and yet she managed to get to that size and age, now thats a survivor that has probably had many battles in her day and its just plain immoral to kill something that managed under the harshest of conditions to attain that size. Relocation would of been more appropriate. And I forget who it was in this thread that brought up the point "That its our responsibility as herpers to educate" - well I couldn't agree more, that was a well thought out and valid point.
BCC
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mgiddings » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:56 pm

The problem is it takes so long for them to get this big. So it years of killing right there and it really helps that she's pregnant :(
"Well, if you spend enough time in the field you will spot special things"-Tony Phelps
mgiddings
SA Reptiles Member

Postby QtCreaCha » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:07 pm

HAHA, mgiddings you too cute...pregnant!
QtCreaCha
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Cerberus » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:56 am

All I can say is backspace is my best friend. The words I used would of gotten me banished from here for good.
I Stop to smell the the roses and often forget to start again

Got so many voices in my head.... wish they would get jobs

Education is key to setting you free, For everyone else it's a rock salt stuffed 12 gauge
Cerberus
SA Reptiles Member

Postby LeglessDragon » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:10 am

So, so, so tragic. The thing that catches me most is the kids posing with her and seeming to have a great time with the slaughter of this beautiful snake! Why do people teach their kids this kind of way when the world is in a crisis as far as our environment is concerned??!! Uneduacated is the right word here. Wish I could win the lotto and tour the world to these areas to teach them to help nature not kill it!

Going to show my son this tonight. I know the first thing he is going to ask is: "Hoekom ?(why)". Why kill her instead of letting her go... I try to teach him not to 'hate' the people that do this, but to understand that they did not know better. AI difficult thing to do when I want to climb through the photos and slap a few of those people with a baseball bat!
My heart always leads, my brain always lags. Words are said in the moment and friendships made or broken. My heart always leads...
LeglessDragon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Cerberus » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:28 am

I would tour around with a bat and crack a few skulls leaving only one message "Next time you kill I WILL be back"

Education is key to setting you free, For everyone else it's a rock salt stuffed 12 gauge
Cerberus
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mgiddings » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:35 pm

Im with you Cerebrus
"Well, if you spend enough time in the field you will spot special things"-Tony Phelps
mgiddings
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Cerberus » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:37 pm

Upon viewing Kill Bill vol.2 I have decided to hang up the bat and go on tours with a 12 gauge shotgun loaded with rock salt. Won't kill but salt in the wounds should work well in senting a message across.

Cerberus
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mgiddings » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:49 pm

hmmm. cerebrus are you sure that will be severe enough? :) I mean rock salt shot into your wounds can't be that painful...right? :)
mgiddings
SA Reptiles Member

PreviousNext

Return to American boas