Scarface-Almandine Baby Profiles (2015-A: #01-05)

Scarface-Almandine Baby Profiles (2015-A: #01-05)

Postby Snakesitter » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:53 pm

Baby #01 (Female)

This cute little lady has five short dorsal chains on her back. Her dorsal spots are relatively tightly packed. Her sides consist of 100% thick rich crescents, one of only three babies in the litter with perfect pattern. At first she liked to shyly hide under her drawer’s bottom liner, but now hangs out on top like her siblings.

Birth

Two Weeks (First Shed)

Five/Six Weeks (Second Shed)

Left

Right

As of October’s weigh-in, this little gem measured 33 grams.

Baby #02 (Female)

This gorgeous gal has six short dorsal chains. Her side pattern is exclusively crescents, except for two merged spots on her left side that combine a crescent and an alternate marking.

Birth

Two Weeks (First Shed)

Side

Character

As of October’s weigh-in, this little gem measured 42 grams.

Baby #03 (Female)

This charming girl has three short dorsal chains. Her side pattern is exclusively crescents, including one merged spot on her right side that features a double crescent!

Birth

Two Weeks (First Shed)

Side Left

Side Right

As of October’s weigh-in, this little gem measured 39 grams.

Baby #04 (Female)

This little lady has three short dorsal chains. Her dorsal spots are relatively tightly packed. Her side pattern consists of 100% thick rich crescents, except for one fragment on her right side and one merged double crescent on her left.

Birth

Two Weeks (First Shed)

Character

Front

As of October’s weigh-in, this little gem measured 31 grams.

Baby #05 (Female)

This gorgeous gal has three short dorsal chains. Her side pattern is predominantly crescents. She has one merged double crescent on her right side. Her left side has more variety, with one fragment, one eclipse, and two reverse bullseyes.

Birth

Two Weeks (First Shed)

Character

Side

As of October’s weigh-in, this little gem measured 41 grams.
Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles
[i]Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility[/i]
Website http://www.livinggemsreptiles.com, Facebook http://www.facebook.com/lgreptiles
Snakesitter
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Scarface-Almandine Baby Profiles (2015-A: #01-05)

Postby Westley Price » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:24 am

Awesome litter Snakesitter. I was trying to choose which one is my favourite, but they all have such unique colours/patterns, I could not choose, haha.

Bit of a personal question, with the increase in BRB and CRB morphs, have you noticed a decline in interest in "normal" BRBs? Have your sales shows any trends?
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Re: Scarface-Almandine Baby Profiles (2015-A: #01-05)

Postby Snakesitter » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:52 pm

Thank you, Westley. It was a surprisingly strong litter.

Any decline in interest is more due to the flood of new breeders producing babies...there's been a huge increase over the past year or two. Many of them, as they are new, find they cannot compete on reputation, so drop prices to drive demand, which hurts all the established breeders.

That said, I'm a small-scale producer that aims at the high end anyway -- quality over quantity -- so I've probably been less affected than most.

Good question!
Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles
[i]Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility[/i]
Website http://www.livinggemsreptiles.com, Facebook http://www.facebook.com/lgreptiles
Snakesitter
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Rainbow boas (Epicrates sp.)