Living Gems Breeding Update (August 2016)

Living Gems Breeding Update (August 2016)

Postby Snakesitter » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:07 pm

The month of August marked the end of the eighth month of breeding at Living Gems. It was again a month of light activity, but good signs for babies.

In Group 4, our high orange pairing, Nephrite delivered her babies on August 15. The 19 little nippers have all finished their first sheds and been offered their first meals.

They are starting color up nicely given their youth. A teaser shot:

The litter is also calming down to handling, with only one nip during the last session. They will be here until their second shed in late September, after which they will be listed for sale -- so there is still time to sign up for our Wait List!

In Group 8, our orange/red pairing, Malachite continues to bask away. Last time she went 136 days, and this time she has gone a record-shattering 165 days so far (as of Wednesday).

In Group 9, our mystery mash-up pairing, Jasper continues to bask away. She has been refusing food, but her weight has not yet started to spike. Her anticipated due date remains October 2.

In Group 1, our hypo to het hypo pairing, Amber continues to bask away. She has been piling on the weight, but continues to eat. Her anticipated due date remains October 8.

In Group 2, our mixed orange with thick borders pairing, Jadeite continues to bask away. She has been piling on the weight, and refused her last meal. Her anticipated due date remains October 10.

In Group 6, our mixed orange trio, Aventurine continues to bask away. She has just started to gain weight, and continues to accept food. Her anticipated due date remains October 13.

As for our non-gravid females:

In Group 3, our high red pairing, I finally saw a little interaction between Spessartine “the Ice Queen” and her suitor Ericthonius, but I am not holding my breath.

As for our other four girls:
--In Group 5, our dark red trio, Sodalite and Uvarovite, are looking like they will not take this year (both shed in late August)
--In Group 6, our mixed orange trio, Citrine is also looking like she will not take this year (she shed in mid-September)
--In Group 7, our high contrast pairing, Tigers Eye is also looking like she will not take this year (she also shed in mid-September)
I will probably separate these pairs at the end of this month and try again next year.

As always, you may feel free to contact me at any time with questions or concerns.

Thank you for reading,
Cliff Earle
Living Gems Reptiles
[i]Premium Brazilian Rainbow Boas from a disease-tested facility[/i]
Website http://www.livinggemsreptiles.com, Facebook http://www.facebook.com/lgreptiles
Snakesitter
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Rainbow boas (Epicrates sp.)