Looking 4 a Snake>>plz help

Looking 4 a Snake>>plz help

Postby Doby » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm

Hi guys.....
iv had snakes now for sometime now i currently have an albino burmese python and a red tail boa, but am interested in getting a green emarald tree boa.
Does any1 have any idea as to what i would need to do 2 get 1 of these.
Any help would be great!
Doby
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Looking 4 a Snake>>plz help

Postby kfc223 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Dude please don't write in mxit or sms language!

Try to write in proper english, use grammar and punctuation. Its not that difficult.

As for a emerald tree boa.. I suggest you post a wanted advertisement in the classifieds section.

Regards
J
kfc223
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Doby » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:08 pm

I appologize, wasnt watching the screen, seems as if my typing has only affected you.

Regards
D
Doby
SA Reptiles Member

Postby kfc223 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:17 pm

Just wanted to help you out before a mod asked you to.

Goodluck
J
kfc223
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:19 pm

Get a green tree python -emeralds are too rare. Also tell where your from , it helps. You might see 1 or 10 at the next reptile expo.
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby fredsmith » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:27 pm

Doby, you'll find many, if not most, will ignore your posts should the grammar not be up to scratch. Mxit and SMS style language bugs many many of the users here. Besides, writing in that style or manner within your posts merely diminishes your own credibility and people will be less inclined to take your posts seriously. This forum is of a high standard as it caters not just to South Africans but to an international audience, the vast majority are proud of the standard that has been set and welcome concise, well thought out and properly written posts. Poor grammar and poor spelling is an often discussed topic.
Kfc223 is correct nonetheless, place an ad in the wanted section, you'll find a more positive reception, please remember to state where you're from too. Makes finding a seller easier.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- Albert Einstein

Fred Smith
fredsmith
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Tagged » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:48 pm

I thought this forum was to get and share information on snakes and not to get an English lesson.
Maybe if someone asks for help we should try help them instead or correcting their grammer, having a funny come back
Or snide remark. Just I thought......

As to Emerald tree Boa try the expo in Randburg at the end of the month.
Tagged
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Davidc » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:11 pm

Doby wrote:I appologize, wasnt watching the screen, seems as if my typing has only affected you.

Regards
D

Nope not just him........
As for snakes wait until the reptile show in Randburg 2 weeks from now.
Ball Pythons
1-9-0 Normal
1-0-0 Spider het AXA
1-0-0 Mojave het Orange Ghost
1-0-0 Cinnamon Vanilla
1-1-0 Yellow belly
0-1-0 Axhantic
1-3-0 Pastel
0-1-0 Fire
GTP's
1-1-0
Davidc
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Mr Venom » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:19 pm

I agree, poor spelling and grammar is what made me into a restricted member (something that is not a fun thing), but then I improved and became a normal member :) .

As for your question, Emerald tree boas are rare in the trade in SA and you'll probably not find one, but try the expo at the end of the month, or the one in the middle of the year and if you can't get one get a Green Tree Python, they are very similar and a great display animal and are more easy to get hold of. Hope it helped.

Regards

Mr Venom
1.1.0 B.C. Imperator
Mr Venom
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Fooble » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:23 pm

Tagged this forum is like every other place out there.
There are rules and procedures one needs to follow in order to have a cohesive and coherent functioning.

Often people ignore posts with poor grammar it just makes for a painful read.

Doby,
One should also mention the snakes you inquired about are vastly different in their husbandry requirements then both burms and Red Tail Boa's do as much reading and searching fro info you can before iy get the opportunity to purchase your animals.
Organized crime comes in more forms than one.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby shadowfoot » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:37 pm

Why diminish the quality and reputation of this forum, because you do not want to use proper english? Its not that difficult to understand.
Shining brightly, even for a split
second, is better than living a
dull-grey life for eternity - Jing (King Of Bandits)
A life without gambling is like
sushi without wasabi - Gintoki (Gintama)
I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it - Steve Irwin
shadowfoot
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Doby » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:34 am

I apologize for my grammer and punctuation. i shall correct it.
A little about myself,I am from Cape Town, iv had my snakes for about 1yr and abit and looking amazing. Iv always wanted a Emerald Tree Boa and am will to pay anything to get one that includes if i have to import, which i have no idea if possible as i have never tried to import animals.Does anyone have any idea as to what i could do?
What type of husbandry requirements would i need for a Tree Boa?
As to the Expo, i dout i could attend as it is abit out of the way.
Doby
SA Reptiles Member

Postby leonthemenace » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:46 am

Hi Doby
I dont want to discurrage you in any way, but in my honest opinion and little experience i would tell you that starting a chondro collection with an emerald is going to be a tough one. They are to my understanding ten times more dificult to keep than say a Sarong. I would advise to start with a well started "normal" chondro and get some experience with them first. And please dont take this the wrong way, as i was there myself and did a lot of research on the subject. Ended up getting a well started Sarong X baby, and still learning every day. Think hard about it and do as much research as you can, before making a costly mistake.
Kind regards,
Leon
If you're not fast......you're food!!
leonthemenace
SA Reptiles Member

Postby TonyK » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:17 am

leonthemenace wrote:starting a chondro collection with an emerald is going to be a tough one. Leon

Leon the Emerald Tree Boa is Corallus not Chondro ,you have the boa confused with the Green Tree Python.
TonyK
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Hoss » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:01 am

leonthemenace wrote:...before making a costly mistake.
Kind regards,
Leon

That bit there has always been the scary part for me. They are difficult as far as I understand with low survival rates, and with the price tag that's attached not the kind of mistakes ones too eager to learn from.

But still, don't let others put you off. Build up experience (maybe get some Green Tree's and Amazon Tree's first), do your homework, and give it a go if your heart is set on it.
Hoss
SA Reptiles Member

Next

Return to Tree boas (Corallus sp.)