my 3 GRAVID ATB'S

my 3 GRAVID ATB'S

Postby strictlyconstrict » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:17 pm

Hi everyone :) Havnt posted anything for quite sometime so i thought i would share this with you :) . In about october last year i wasnt too optimistic with the way my season was going with my atb's because i had not witnessed any lock ups at all during the time i introduced my males in the previous couple months. There was alot of interest from my males but it seemed the females just wouldnt take. After a good few weeks of introducing my males they lost interest and seeing no signs of ovulation from my females i removed the males and just decided too feed the females heavily, hoping and wish a copulation atleast took place somewhere. Well in December i noticed the biggest garden phase female bulging quite heavily and was really happy to have atleast one gravid female for the season. Little did i know that only a couple weeks into the new year i noticed my 2 youngest females ( one garden and one orange phase ) getting rather podgy, which i was very surprised about because they still looked a little small and at 18 months i didnt think they would breed. so im happy to say now, that after thinking my season was going horribly, i have 3 GRAVID females looking extremely full of babies :D and i can not wait for them to drop to see how the babies turn out, specially after the 2 stunning males i paired up with the 3 females this year. Hope u guys enjoy the pics

This is the older female looking HUUUUGE!! Hoping for a massive amount of neonates from her

she was paired up with my prize orange and red male in my collection

Then we have the young garden female

And she was paired with my stunning yellow and arange male

Then we have the female im most excited about because she was also paired to my prize orange and red male aswell as the yellow and orange male too. soo im hoping for some nock out colours from her :D

and then the 2 younger females together :)

anyway hope you guys enjoyed the pics !! cheers!! :)
strictlyconstrict
SA Reptiles Member

Re: my 3 GRAVID ATB'S

Postby JJward7 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:26 pm

Beautiful snakes you have there excited too see the babies :-D please keep us updated
Every good story seems to begin with a snake.
JJward7
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jason&Sam » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:43 pm

Looking good. Hope you get some beauties out. That last female looks amazing.
Jason&Sam
SA Reptiles Member

Postby strictlyconstrict » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:03 pm

Thanks guys :) will definately keep it updated on what's happening.
strictlyconstrict
SA Reptiles Member

Postby JJward7 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:51 am

How goes your pregnant babies been keeping a eye on your post
Every good story seems to begin with a snake.
JJward7
SA Reptiles Member

Re: my 3 GRAVID ATB'S UPDATE FEMALE 1

Postby strictlyconstrict » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:50 pm

So.. I get home the day before last and do the usual thing where i check on my animals before i do anything else haha. i check to see how the gravid females are doing and find that my big garden female had unexpectedly dropped her clutch. I was surpriced because my ATB'S usually only drop towards the end april. ANYWAY i am extremely happy with how the pregnancy went as she gave me 7 fat healthy little babies with no slugs, no still born, and she still looks healthy as ever, and a couple mice down on the way to recovery. The only unfortunate thing was that she didnt produce any colours for me which i was expected due to my gorgeous orange/red male that i paired with her. But non the less im still really chuffed and i hope you guys enjoy the photos :) sorry about the quality of a few pics, im not the greatest with a camera haha:)

hatchling no.1
hatchling no.2
hatchling no.3
hatchling no.4
hatchling no.5
my 2 favourites of the bunch
hatchling no.6
hatchling no.7 and my favourite of all of them
strictlyconstrict
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jason&Sam » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:24 pm

Very nice. Number 5 is my choice. Congrats.
J.
Jason&Sam
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Eyelash » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:17 am

Well done man !

Please pm me when you've sexed them ;)

Regards
Louis.
Louis Jacobsz
072 7992588
http://www.clickapet.co.za (coming soon)
https://www.facebook.com/LJAfricanCaptiveBreds
Eyelash
SA Reptiles Member

Postby strictlyconstrict » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:37 am

Thanks guys :) .. @louis unfortunately they all sold already but I can definately give you a shout once the other females drop :) ,or I do still have a pair left from last season that kept back, its a garden female and a gorgeous orange male . Pm me if you are interested. Thanks again.

Regards
Brentton
strictlyconstrict
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Tree boas (Corallus sp.)