A few emerald pics

A few emerald pics

Postby CraigC » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:42 pm

We have 17 emeralds in our established collection at present. Here are a few pics of some basins and northerns.

Antonella

Nick

Tony

Rica

Odyssey

RW

I really need to take some updated pics. Maybe this weekend since Monday is a holiday for us.

Craig
CraigC
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Q Ball » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:15 am

Wow, those are really awesome Craig :cool:
I like candlelight dinners, romantic walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Q Ball
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:16 am

Wow!, what amazing animals. Love the ones with the white stripe down the back. Thanks for the motivation and thanks for sharing.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby Quintin » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:50 am

VERY NICE... i like Rica the most.

I wish they were little more afordable here in SA.

Definately on my wish list... then again.. any aborial snake is!

Great stuff CraigC

Q
Quintin
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bjorn » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:23 pm

Hi Craig,

Those are some real beauty's. I like Tony the most, I think that's one of the nicest I have seen in a while.

I would be interested in knowing when you have some young available. You can pm me details as I am importing from the US.
Regards
Bjorn
Reptilia Traders cc
http://www.reptiliatraders.co.za
Bjorn
SA Reptiles Member

Postby CraigC » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:42 pm

Thanks folks! Antonella just turned 6 last year, so this year will be our first attemp to breed her. Hopefully 2 of our projects from last year will be fruitful in November and December.

Quintin, Rica is one of those rare animals that breeders reluctantly part with. Her mother is one of the highest white northerns I have ever seen. I got her from Rico Walder (Signal Herpetoculture). It is unfortunate that the majority of her siblings perished when the guy who purchased them lost his whole collection, by not using proper quarantine proceedures with some imported emeralds. Sixty six emeralds and a bunch of other stuff gone.

Bjorn, if you are importing from the US, you obviously know what a pain it is for us to get CITES. Six months isn't unheard of. The last time I shipped to Canada, we waited 3 months for it. I don't mind holding animals but most buyers get impatient with the wait. Great what paranoia at our highest levels of Gov can do. lol

Craig
CraigC
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bjorn » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:15 pm

Hi Craig,

I know all about the wait! I waited just over six months for my last import and another three with conplications on this side. It was a real nightmare but some things are worth waiting for.

I have a broker who can help me. You can just keep me in mind.

All the best with them!
Regards
Bjorn
Reptilia Traders cc
http://www.reptiliatraders.co.za
Bjorn
SA Reptiles Member

Postby dave » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:10 pm

ooow damm :lol: the basins are just so great :cool: :cool: :cool:
i envy you

greetz
dave