My Blood Python !

My Blood Python !

Postby rooikat » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:54 pm

Just a few photos of my BLOOD PYTHON ..( BUBBA J. )
Give me Nature over Human race anytime ..
rooikat
SA Reptiles Member

Re: My Blood Python !

Postby ClintonT » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:21 pm

Awesome looking Blood. How old is he? and what does he weight?
Clinton Thomson
Just Ball Pythons
http://justballpythons.wordpress.com

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." - Soren Kierkegaard

"You were born an original...don't die a copy." - John Mason
ClintonT
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rooikat » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:39 pm

ClintonT wrote:Awesome looking Blood. How old is he? and what does he weight?

To be honest Clinton I'm not to sure ,i haven't really weighed him yet but i will soon Ive been busy getting him up to health since he wasn't to healthy when i bought of some guy who didn't really keep him on good humidity ... and he is just over 3ft ,,, i got him a few months back so not to sure on a guesstimate of his AGE to BODY LENGTH ratio ... i know they are pretty slow growers ,so if you or anyone else might have an idea then all info would be highly appreciated ...
rooikat
SA Reptiles Member

Postby ClintonT » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:37 am

You are certainly doing a good job as he looks stunning. I currently have Ball Pythons and have been considering a Blood, I here they have quite a "sharp" temperament..how is your guy?
Clinton Thomson
Just Ball Pythons
http://justballpythons.wordpress.com

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." - Soren Kierkegaard

"You were born an original...don't die a copy." - John Mason
ClintonT
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Brendan E » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:24 am

thats a looker forsure
livestrong
Brendan E
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rosshawkins2812 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:24 pm

These are lovely animals
rosshawkins2812
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rooikat » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:59 am

ClintonT wrote:You are certainly doing a good job as he looks stunning. I currently have Ball Pythons and have been considering a Blood, I here they have quite a "sharp" temperament..how is your guy?

hey there Clinton .. to to answer your question i personally can say mine is very docile and has never shown any aggression towards me .. i think the rumour of them being very aggressive stems back from people who have had WC specimens ..so hence people always say they are aggressive ,,, as you will know yourself with most snakes the more they are handled the better they are ... my one ( Bubba j ) will just sit next to me on the sofa while i watch Tv or do my work on the laptop ..he is cool and couldn't ask for a better snake ..
rooikat
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Quintin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:00 am

hey there Clinton .. to to answer your question i personally can say mine is very docile and has never shown any aggression towards me .. i think the rumour of them being very aggressive stems back from people who have had WC specimens

Sheesh.. mine is a captive bred specimen form Richard (Creatures and Critters) and hes satan himself! lol..

Great looking snake by the way!!

Q
Quintin
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rooikat » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:15 pm

Quintin wrote:
hey there Clinton .. to to answer your question i personally can say mine is very docile and has never shown any aggression towards me .. i think the rumour of them being very aggressive stems back from people who have had WC specimens

Sheesh.. mine is a captive bred specimen form Richard (Creatures and Critters) and hes Satan himself! lol..

Great looking snake by the way!!

sorry to hear that yours is Satan himself .. but i bet it gives him his own personality ..what have you got is it Borneo or Sumatran or malaysian ..
is it Breitensteini or Brongersmai like mine ?? I do like the look of the Black Bloods too ..
rooikat
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Quintin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:27 pm

I wish i could get a young pair of blacks!!!! They are brilliant!

Mine was bought as a Red (Brongersmai) but people on a US forum said that mine looked like a Borneo! I then phoned Richard and he guaranteed me it was a Brongersmai! So i don't know.... To me after i discussed it, it does seem to be on the Borneo side of things... Will take some updated pics and post them for you! Am looking for a female for him too.....
[quote]sorry to hear that yours is Satan himself .. but i bet it gives him his own personality/quote]

Hes manageable and i don't mind at all that hes pissed off at everything lol... He is allot better but I suppose some snakes just do not tame down. Like dogs I've even seen some poodles that just don't calm down. ;)

Q
Quintin
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rooikat » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:43 pm

just another photo of BUBBA J ,, My Blood (Brongersmai) sorry about my ugly face in the photo guys ...
rooikat
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bjorn » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:02 pm

Nice blood you have there. I wouldn't say they are all bad but you get the monsters CB or not. I have 6 bloods, 4 Malaysians and 2 Sumatrans. The black bloods are very tame and never had a problem. I have even helped some of my Malaysian bloods shed by pulling the shed from it's lips and eyes. I do have two that keep me on my toes. I can pick them up if I get them by surprise and they are ok but hissy. Once I place them back in the cage they turn on me. If they see me coming they also strike out. One had a particularly bad patch where it would strike and do a death roll out of my hands. Now I can handle him ok. Funny they all started out nice and tame.

It's amazing how fast they can strike and I have had one strike at me even with his body almost straight. They have very powerful strikes I must say but lucky I know how far I can go with them.

I think they are awesome snakes to keep and they don't disserve the bad reputation.
Regards
Bjorn
Reptilia Traders cc
http://www.reptiliatraders.co.za
Bjorn
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rooikat » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:51 pm

must agree with you Bjorn .. they are very powerfull snakes and i have seen them strike before ,,they are fast ,and would hate to take a bite from one ,,fingers crossed hey ...i have been looking at some Black Bloods also ,,really love the look of them ...

would love to see some photos of your Bloods ...
rooikat
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Quintin » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:54 am

It's amazing how fast they can strike and I have had one strike at me even with his body almost straight. They have very powerful strikes I must say but lucky I know how far I can go with them.

haha.. these guys are like the Gaboon vipers of the python world!!! Very powerful strikes, and they have a massive reach!

Heres a pic of mine i took last nigt as promised! Excuse the bad pic as i was in a hurry!

He's cage setup!

I read on zulupython.com (Gavin and Chantell) that their next import should include a pair of albino bloods. That shouls be a sight to see!!!

Regards,

Q
Quintin
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Matt Robinson » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:35 pm

Im not really mad about blood pythons but seeing your one Quintin changed my mind quickly. Great looking snake
Matt Robinson
SA Reptiles Member

Next

Return to Asian pythons