Re: To Conquer that Fear........

Postby Wolf777 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:52 pm

Lol, so true.
Wolf777
SA Reptiles Member

Postby fredsmith » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:13 pm

Awesome to see another "Convert"!
Well done on the choice of snake too, these are absolutely stunning. Congrats.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- Albert Einstein

Fred Smith
fredsmith
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rishaad » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:40 pm

Congrats and welcome to the addiction.
And God has Created every animal from water, of them are some creeping on their bellies, some walk on two legs, and some on four. God Creates what He wills, for sure God has Power over all things. (Noble Quran 24:45)

For Goodness Snakes
www.forgoodnesssnakes.co.za
Rishaad
SA Reptiles Member

Postby QtCreaCha » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:44 pm

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...I can honestly say, I'm understanding a REAL problem now. Have always had a problem with animals though... I live in pet shops in my spare time if I'm not with my animals BUT NEVER have I gone over to the snakes dept. just to "see" what they have??? In fact it used to be the opposite, aaaaavooid that part! HA!

Cerberus...your time is coming closer now!!! I'm jealous, she is beautiful, looking forward to your pics of her! AND to think your snake is the first BIG snake I ever touched too....Noooo, not that snake!!!

They are really happy in their new cage, I will just feel better once he has eaten. I'm going to leave it till I feed her again, or what?

Is it a problem having them near my tenrecs and gecko's cages? Smell? I think I am sensing a discomfort or awareness from my other animals? Due to this extreme cold, I have all 19 animals in my room!!! Yes, complete an utter madness.... I find it far easier to control temps and humidity. Can this pose a problem and should I move them? If I need to move them should it be out the room completely or maybe just further away from other cages and enclosures?
QtCreaCha
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Cerberus » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:26 am

Friday hey QtCreaCha, thats when I get to bring her home :smt005

She has shed now... prettier than ever :smt007
I Stop to smell the the roses and often forget to start again

Got so many voices in my head.... wish they would get jobs

Education is key to setting you free, For everyone else it's a rock salt stuffed 12 gauge
Cerberus
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Hawkarl » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:59 am

Very nice Boa's QtCreaCha i am very jealous of you.

Anyone know how to convince a wife to let me get either a Sand Boa or a Ball Python because i miss my RTB ?
Hawkarl
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:02 am

Tell her that if you keep snakes in the house there is a much smaller chance of you guys being robbed.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby QtCreaCha » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:27 am

NOTE TO SELF.........Never forget a frozen pinkie in your jacket pocket!!!! AAAUUUGGGHHHH!!!

-Moved- Wes
QtCreaCha
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Wolf777 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:06 pm

Lol that must have been fun!
Wolf777
SA Reptiles Member

Postby QtCreaCha » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:27 am

You know I would not say I have COMPLETELY conquered that fear......IT's like changing a baby's nappy. Most people just CAN'T do it, then finally your first child arrives and you get the hang of it and it's ok. This does not mean though, that you can just easily change any OTHER baby's nappy!! This is just how I see it, I can handle my snakes but still veeeeery weary of any others but still a damn lot better than before! (PS. I don't do the nappy thing either, just an eg.!!)

More importantly, It is now the third week my boy has refused to eat. I found out he never ate for about a week(2weeks) before that. I have followed quite a few people's advice and the breeders too. I have now tried live pinkies(can u believe it) instead of thawed, I have left him in a tub over night with nothing but a pinkie, I have left him in a tub over night with a bit of sand a small bowl of water, on a heating pad with the pinkie and still nothing.

I have read on some posts that some of your snakes go forever without eating and then suddenly eat but he is still tiny, about 5 months now, surely this can't be good? Do I start worrying a bit now, or is there still time to relax and let him eat when he is ready? Should I stick to thawed or rather live pinkies with such a young snake? Ariel nudged and pushed and smelt the live pinkie I put in for her, like she was playing with it and before I looked again, it was gone! First time I fed her a live pinkie too. She is really growing nicely now but my little dude seems left behind!
QtCreaCha
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Cerberus » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:26 am

I have the same problem with my ball Qt, Fro, day one he has been up to #$%^ with eating, I was constantly reassured that he will eat when he is hungry. Still I know the stress you go through, up until he does eat you will always wonder and stress. Like me now, if he does'nt eat I give him a disgusted look and ask him if he knows that mice ain't cheap.
I Stop to smell the the roses and often forget to start again

Got so many voices in my head.... wish they would get jobs

Education is key to setting you free, For everyone else it's a rock salt stuffed 12 gauge
Cerberus
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Boakepper » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:18 pm

Could it be the heat thats bothering him? IS he maybe overheating? That can also cause a snake not to eat!
Boakepper
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Graeme » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:44 pm

Boakepper.

The last time anyone touched this post was a year and a half ago. I'm guessing that if the animal in question has still not eaten, reducing the temperature will probably not make much difference.
Reach us @ Graeme Lotter on FB
OR 082 4749139
Email: snakesnadders@yahoo.co.uk
Graeme
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Urucone » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:15 pm

Both of these boas are eating, I bought them a while back they are around 25 - 30 cm and going strong.
as long as you keep quiet, no one will notice that your dumb
Urucone
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to African pythons & boas