Kimberley Rep's

Re: Kimberley Rep's

Postby Wolf777 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:21 pm

kimberleysucks wrote:You know. I laughed at that rubbish. Exactly who do you think you are? You are nothing. You do not practise what you preach. Otherwise you'd know, there is no decent genes in any of the exotic animals bought in my town. It's constant inbreeding at local pet-stores just to fill the demand. Oh, and you know. I actually did do some research. And realize that she died of respitory infection. Due to the sand that the idiots at the pet-store put in the breeding box. So before judging people, you should face facts and lose the god-complex.

Have you never lost a reptile? It was completely out of my hands. But thanks to egotistical pricks like you, people get put off reptiles. I WILL get a new friend. And you WILL NOT discourage me. I'll probably be banned for texting this. But it's alright :smt018
[/quote]

I am just a soon to be 19 year old kid who loves nature. I am by no means an expert, and I know how hard it is to lose an animal, I have made many mistakes in the +/- ten years of keeping snakes which has cost me financially, physically and pshycologically, I have learned the hard way quite a few times. All I am saying is why not learn from your mistakes or even better from the mistakes of others, so that you make fewer mistakes in the future? Here is what I would do if I was you, why not save up now and go to the SOS2 expo next year, you will have time to expand your knowledge and your budget, and you will get the opportunity to meet the best herpers/breeders in the country and many likeminded enthusiasts; you will also be able to buy the best herps this country has to offer. I am not trying to discourage you at all and you have a right to an opinion, I am trying to prevent you from losing animals unintentionally which is WAY more likely to discourage you than any person on a forum. There is no such thing as too much or enough research, expanding your knowledge can only be good for you.
Wolf777
SA Reptiles Member

Postby snake kid » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:58 pm

I'm with wolf on this one, we don't mean to discourage you or make you look bad were(people on the forum) just try to help by giving our advice you can do with it what you want but your best bet is to listen to what they have to say. Most of them have years of experience. Iv'e been into reptiles since I was 6 and I still ask advice because there is always more that one opinion or others with first hand experience. And they help me avoid mistakes just like were trying to help you.
3.1. BCI
1.0. Burmese python
1.0. Taiwanese ratsnake
2.0. Cornsnake 1 normal 1 Butter
1.2. Brown house snake
1.1. Olive house snake
1.0. Mole snake
1.1. Rhombic egg eater
1.0. Coral snake
1.1. Red lipped herald
0.1. Cape cobra
1.1. Night adder
1.1. Puff adder
1.0. boomslang
snake kid
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:44 am

By the way sand cannot cause a respiratory infection. Possibly there is more to the death than what you are assuming.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Durban Keeper » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:22 pm

Wolf, after the insults he slurred at you, that is a damn good reply! Nicely done my friend!
Life is but a dream for the dead.
Durban Keeper
SA Reptiles Member

Postby kimberleysucks » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:02 am

greetings and salutations.

I recently went back to the pet store where I bought my corn. The bloke there said that all the corns they had (the same hatchlings as mine) died from a respitory infection. I don't believe it, but all of them died and it was not just me. I noticed the changed the substrate and now have healthy corns.

I would also like to apologize to you, Wolf. I lost my best mate. And I must admit to being emotional. Not an excuse, merely the truth.

I do this because it's my passion. The only thing that still ignites a spark of excitement in life for me. It isn't a competition to see who can have the most snakes, biggest snakes or most deadly. I keep reptiles in general because it softens up my heart.

I do apologize for an outburst and hope you did not misunderstand me. I am not trying to fill a void, merely feed my addiction and love for herps. If it was at the cost of a reptile, I would stop. Reconsider, research more. But it truely was out of my control.

Kindest regards.
André. :smt020
I am the voice of those who cannot voice their views.
kimberleysucks
SA Reptiles Member

Postby monopeltis » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:00 am

A respiratory infection is an easy fix and controllable. Please be open to making mistakes and learning. It was also in your control to spot the problem before purchasing the snake. THere is always room to learn
monopeltis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby kimberleysucks » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:31 pm

see .. That's where you're wrong.

As she was my first snake, I would not have been able to spot it instantly.

Now, allow me to explain something to you. She WAS ILL. As was the rest of the hatchlings from the pet store.

If you didn't have strangely cut side-burns, maybe you'd be able to judge a situation properly.

"She died from the respitory tract infection because her minor immune system was down. Most probable was that she was had a bug from the town/city or country she came from. It happens" - Dr Nigel Burkas from U.C.L.A university in Florida America.

His words, not mine. Somebody who has more than thirty five years experience behind his back. Something you do not have.

Aloofness is worse than arrogance, just a thought.
I am the voice of those who cannot voice their views.
kimberleysucks
SA Reptiles Member

Postby _THEO_ » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:57 pm

:smt006
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You never know everything.....
You can learn from everyone....
_THEO_
SA Reptiles Member

Postby monopeltis » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:17 pm

FYI... UCLA = University of California, Los Angeles. Florida is on the East Coast, 4 time zones away.

Don't diss my side-burns bro...i don't judge you by your kort broekies, geography and english. This has been entertaining...

Hope you learned from this mistake. Glad you are trying to learn
monopeltis
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:23 am

Unless Dr Nigel Burkas examined the snake then quoting him would really serve no purpose. You have still not answered the question of what a breeding box is or why sand would cause a respitory (sic) infection?

Please do not get personal or else your time here will be short and you will be stuck out in the middle of nowhere with nobody to help you. The people here are trying to help you and your attitude is not helping.

Consider this a final warning.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby fastback » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:30 pm

If I'm not mistaken reptile city sales one that is called a breeding box http://reptilecity.co.za/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_48.

But When I bought my first snake I bought a plastic transport container very similar to Flat Faunarium, just had the white lids. The larger container you got had a division in middle, with two openings in the lid, this was also called a breeding box.
This could be the "breeding box" the young gentlemen is talking about.
fastback
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Northern Cape