ADF breeding question?

Frogs, Newts, Salamanders and Toads.

View Gallery

ADF breeding question?

Postby musicbox081 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:47 am

So this is probably a super simple question, but I'm new to aquariums and haven't been able to find an answer anywhere else. I have two African Dwarf Frogs, one male and one female. The male is a little older than the female, but I'm pretty sure they both are mature. The male started singing about 5 months ago off and on, and now he sings constantly day and night. As well as singing they amplex most of the time. Like constantly. However, no eggs have been laid! I was wondering if there was a reason for this. I keep them in a ten gallon tank with a couple corys, a few snails, and a betta fish. They all get along well. The female ADF was getting very round along her middle, so I thought maybe she had eggs, but its been about a month and now I'm worried that she's just hogging all the food and getting fat.

Anyways, just wondering if there was something I'm doing wrong that could keep them from breeding! Or if there's something that I am doing that will continue to keep them from breeding (I don't really know what I would do with a ton of tadpoles right now).
musicbox081
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Amphibians