Vivarium

Re: Vivarium

Postby Bushviper » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:37 am

That is very nice. These cages are not that cheap to build but very nice to look at.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby MCD » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:32 pm

Very cool. I'd like to establish a similar Amphibian viv, can anybody direct me to someone who could advise on a species (and what species are ok to house together)? I've got a lovely 4ft tank i'd like to 'convert'.
MCD
SA Reptiles Member

Postby gaboon » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:01 am

Really well done!
There is a very fine line between hobby and mental illness.
gaboon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Buck Rogers » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:56 pm

Hey Mr G, can we get some updated pics and feedback on this viv?
Life is a beautiful struggle
Buck Rogers
SA Reptiles Member

Postby omri » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:58 am

Dear Mr G

My 10 year old is looking over my shoulder. His enthusism has inspired my interest in matters vivaria and your pics and other research has further inspired us to get going on building one. Omri has grown up on the sounds of Carruthers 'Frogs and Frogging' and has been an avid catcher and releaser of vlei frogs, sand frogs , leopard toads and arum lily frogs found around us here at Cape Town's Zeekoevlei. He has set his heart though on housing a red toad as you have and is wondering about availability. Did you catch it yourself? We are aware of some Natcon restrictions ( which is why his fantasy of a rain frog or salamander is unlikely to materialise!) and wonder if such restrictions apply to red toads and different regions of SA.

If acquisition of these is difficult we will resort to something more local that we find in the garden probably, but the size and attractiveness and exoticness of red toads is certainly a feature. :smt004
make your life a mission....not an intermission.
omri
SA Reptiles Member

Postby kalvaer » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:32 am

Where did you get black Polystyrene? I asked Automa about getting some last week, and they said they would only make if I put in a R15k order :shock:
kalvaer
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Natural vivariums