My crested gecko viv

My crested gecko viv

Postby wimpievanzyl » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:09 am

Hi everyone here are 2 pics of my crested gecko enclosure. Any comments or advice will be appreciated! It is a basic zoo med glass vivarium. My substrate are peat moss and all the plants are fake. To give the little guy some climbing branches I weaved fake jungle vine pieces together. Then the one piece that brings the viv together are the installation of the waterfall system. Not only does it give the viv a more natural feel but aids with the much needed humidity! Will post some more pics later because eveytime I clean the cage I change the layout.

wimpievanzyl
SA Reptiles Member

Re: My crested gecko viv

Postby chamcode » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:20 am

Hi Wimpie

Your viv looks great, and so does your crestie. Just a note on the waterfall - be prepared to clean it diligently, as it can quickly accumulate bacteria, especially if your crestie poops in the water or anywhere the flow of water comes into contact with it. Spot cleaning the waterfall does not do the trick either. You will need to remove the waterfall every few days to do this (I have one as well)... Be sure to add some perches closer to the top of the viv as well, to deter your gecko from hanging upside down from the "ceiling", which can create potential tail base issues.

All the best with your boy (by the looks of him ;) )
chamcode
SA Reptiles Member

Re: My crested gecko viv

Postby wimpievanzyl » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:43 pm

Hi chamcode thank you for the positive reply! On the waterfall subject yes I do clean it on a weekly basis but monitor everyday to ensure that the water are free of poo or debri. I will post updated pictures of the viv because it looks a little different now. I will include more perches to the top of viv thank you for the advice!
wimpievanzyl
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Natural vivariums