First Attempt

Re: First Attempt

Postby Amphibian » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:45 pm

Brad I am interested on whether or not you were able to maintain these natural vivs for any length of time. In particular how the plants faired.
"When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic.
We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bustling with prejudice and motivated by pride and vanity" – Dale Carnegie
Amphibian
SA Reptiles Member

Postby bradmiller » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:31 am

They are doing great - the bonsai's took a bit of a knock from the snakes as the leaves fall off easy with minimal contact.
The substrate works like a charm and have a lot of little bugs taking care of things at the bottom of the cage.
My eyelash tank is amazing - very thick and green the bamboo has done exceptionally well so much so I need to start trimming. The eyelash loves this tank - I cant believe the positive change it has had on her.
The Draconea (sp) plants I have used as well do very well... also had to trim these a bit.
On the whole very happy so much so that I am building more and more tanks so I can start separating my collection so each have their own tanks.
Temps have been easy to control and the misting system takes care of most of the humidity/watering duties. I do how ever have to top up the bottom of the tanks every 2 weeks or so - plants are thirsty.
You know, you can touch a stick of dynamite, but if you touch a venomous snake it’ll turn around and bite you and kill you so fast it’s not even funny.
- Steve Irwin - The Crocodile Hunter
bradmiller
SA Reptiles Member

Postby bradmiller » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:32 am

oh don't bother with the grasses - unless you want to have a dead bit as decoration - they did not do well.
You know, you can touch a stick of dynamite, but if you touch a venomous snake it’ll turn around and bite you and kill you so fast it’s not even funny.
- Steve Irwin - The Crocodile Hunter
bradmiller
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Natural vivariums