Largest Boomslang ever!

Largest Boomslang ever!

Postby Bulletproof » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:36 pm

Hi there, I have found the largest Boomslang I have ever seen and I have seen a couple in my days. It is actually chiiling in a tree next to my house on the farm in Pongola, KZN. I almost thought it was a green mamba because of its size and the only green colour it has. It has bin staying in the same spot now for 4 days and just wont leave. My pointer/dog killed a baby boomslang a couple of weeks back very close to where this one is, so im thinking it might have a nest close by?? I have limited poisenous snake handling skills and have a snake handling grabber, but needs some tips to catch this big boy before the dogs or geldenhuise get to him first :lol:

I am planning to release him @ Pongola game reserve tommorow so any tips would be appreciated to catch him without losing my life.

Cheers Bulletproof
Bulletproof
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Largest Boomslang ever!

Postby Mr Venom » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:26 pm

Next time you see it call a professional, there are a few in your area. Safest way to remove it without losing your life.
1.1.0 B.C. Imperator
Mr Venom
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mrVynes » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:26 am

It's still there in the same spot for what is it now, Bullet? 6 days? Why would it stay there for so long right next to the house where there are people and dogs moving around all the time?
Judging by its size, maybe it's old?
I always keep a supply of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy -W. C. Fields
mrVynes
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:52 am

I have seen boomslang living next to a house for 4 years and even breeding there. You could touch their hide from the house if you had a swimming pool net.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby mrVynes » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:51 pm

Here she is:
boomslang.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I always keep a supply of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy -W. C. Fields
mrVynes
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bulletproof » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:02 am

Boomy's back!

After 9 days in the exact same spot Boomy dissapeared! I thought he decided that all the human activity close by the last couple of days intervered with his hunting but no!

His back! Looks more relaxed than ever and even looks like he picked up a few pounds. :D
Bulletproof
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mrVynes » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:05 am

post 'n paar pics man.
mrVynes
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Boomslang (Dispholidus typus)