Homozygous T+ and T- Albino?

Interspecies breeding and 2 headed snakes are the type of thing that would be discussed here. We are aware that these are controversial issues and some people feel strongly about their opinions on them. Please respect each other's views and keep discussions amicable.

Homozygous T+ and T- Albino?

Postby Westley Price » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:40 am

Hi guys

I'm just curious as to whether an animal has been produced which is homozygous for both types of albinism.

That would mean crossing a Caramel Albino Ball Python to a normal Albino Ball Python and producing double hets and then breeding the offspring together to get a double homozygous animal.

I can't seem to find any info on this, but if anyone has info and possibly even picture, please post a picture of each type of albino seperately and then the homozygous animal.

Needless to say, I used Ball Pythons as an example as they're the most common, but any species will do.

Thanx
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Re: Homozygous T+ and T- Albino?

Postby Jantus » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:18 pm

Won't the tyrosinase negative gene cancel out the tyrosinase enzyme completely when the 2 genes are crossed thus just producing normal looking T- albinos?
Bravery is not the absence of fear. It is the ability to operate effectively while scared sh*tless
Jantus
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Homozygous T+ and T- Albino?

Postby Westley Price » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:21 pm

I have no idea.

But your logic sounds right.
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Return to Reptile hybridisation and genetic anomalies