Yellow Anaconda x Boa Constrictor

Interspecies breeding and 2 headed snakes are the type of thing that would be discussed here. We are aware that these are controversial issues and some people feel strongly about their opinions on them. Please respect each other's views and keep discussions amicable.

Re: Yellow Anaconda x Boa Constrictor

Postby shadowfoot » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:26 am

What is wrong with just a Yellow Anaconda or just a Boa Constrictor?
Shining brightly, even for a split
second, is better than living a
dull-grey life for eternity - Jing (King Of Bandits)
A life without gambling is like
sushi without wasabi - Gintoki (Gintama)
I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it - Steve Irwin
shadowfoot
SA Reptiles Member

Postby viv1 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:49 am

Shadowfoot if you don't like it don't post on it.
viv1
SA Reptiles Member

Postby shadowfoot » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:45 am

Oh, Im sorry for voicing my opinion just like everyone else.
I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it - Steve Irwin
shadowfoot
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Athlordian » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:19 pm

fo·rum/ˈfôrəm/
Noun:
A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

I'm sure it's perfectly fine for people to voice an opinion on a public forum, whether they agree with the content posted or not.
:smt017
13.33.0 Python Regius
0.2.0 Boa Constrictor Imperator
1.0.0 Epicrates Cenchria Maurus

http://www.am-ballpythons.co.za
https://www.facebook.com/am.ballpythons
http://twitter.com/am_ballpythons
Athlordian
SA Reptiles Member

Postby viv1 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:30 pm

One should add value to a post.
viv1
SA Reptiles Member

Postby shadowfoot » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:42 pm

And CLEARLY you have added that value?
I just asked a simple question.
shadowfoot
SA Reptiles Member

Postby F1refly » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:53 pm

Now, now. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and a forum is in fact a place for discussion, so if people don't like it, then they are free to voice their opinion, just like how you are free to voice the opinion that you have no problem with Hybrids. I myself have no problem with them at all, just be honest when selling the babies and you won't have too many issues. I wouldn't mind owning a few hybrids myself. My interest in Hybrids is partly scientific and partly because I want to own a cool looking snake.
"Welcome to Megaton, the Bomb is perfectely safe" - Deputy Weld, Fallout 3

"People don't die in America because of lack of Health Insurance. People die in America because people die in America" - Stephen Colbert

"Just because you don't understand how electricity works, doesn't mean it's the work of god"

Reptiles
1.0.0 Python regius
0.1.0 Pogona vitticeps
0.0.1 Elaphe guttata guttata
0.0.1 Eublepharis macularis
F1refly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby viv1 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:49 pm

If you want to voice your opinion its fine by me. I just get defensive when the hybrid discussion pop up, from "its imoral" "its not natural". Sorry I jumped to quicly my apologies.
viv1
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ruan Stander » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:58 pm

F1refly, that sounds interesting and I will look into it.
I am open-minded, but at this stage I am not a huge fan of hybridisation.

For the other guys, I'm sure that you can gather from my previous post that I am aware of the fact that humans and chimpanzees can not reproduce, but thank you for clarifying.

And hopefully not too many share your desire for crocodiles and chimps to be cross bred with humans. Should that happen, I can imagine how annoying those that share myself and shadowfoot's view might become to you.
The way to success has no shortcuts.
Ruan Stander
SA Reptiles Member

Postby tranzoid » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:19 pm

So still no research into natural hybridisation taking place? If people are going to express opinions on a topic surely they should do the reading required to support their opinion, just so we can avoid its wrong because I think its wrong type arguments. @predator678 was well aware of the fact you knew they couldn't but am still baffled then that you would use an impossible hybridisation example to attempt to support your view that hybridisations that are possible and lead to the existence of viable offspring are wrong. The type of hybridisation shown in this post should also never be viewed as being the same as gene splicing (which really is playing genetic artist), no seriously advanced technologies needed to be applied, no cutting and pasting of genomic sequences done here, just patience and perseverance on the part of a breeder.
tranzoid
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rolandslf » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:04 am

Greetings People

I have read the various posts concerning Hybrids and the fact that Forum is to discuss pros and cons etc, and voice opinions.
Let us note that the FORUM is SAREPTILES, which has various BUTTONS to press which then allows you to go to whatever division you wish to, eg. Venemous Exotics, Non-Venomous Indiginous, Hybrids etc., we then need to ask or think about why certain BUTTONS were created before we comment on them.

Those of us who have been around on the FORUM SAREPTILES, for some time, will know that the HYBRIDS BUTTON was created specifically because we, who love HYBRIDS, caught so much flack and verball abuse on other BUTTONS. It was then unofficially agreed upon that we were free to talk about Hybrids on this specific BUTTON without being contadicted and argued against.

In essence, the HYBRID BUTTON is a division created for Hybrid Lovers, but which is open to all members of the FORUM to look at.

Carla is therefore quite correct, when examining the History of the BUTTON, when she commented that the anti-hybrider's must please keep there comments to themselves.

I kindly request also of the anti-hybrid brigade "Have a look in the division, see what we create etc., but in-liu of what I have explained, please keep negative comments to yourself.
It is better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On.
Roland Friskin
rolandslf
SA Reptiles Member

Postby croteseeker » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:58 pm

Beautiful snakes. I like the striped patterns.

I've often wondered, how many of the people who object to hybridization eat corn? :lol:

It's all about perspective. ;)
" a squat, scaly worm with, 'don't touch,' on one end and, 'that's why,' on the other."

-Thomas Palmer
croteseeker
SA Reptiles Member

Postby CarlaSmit87 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:15 pm

I like that the babies have that bit of indentation behind the head like the boas and not as straight as the annie. But I think adding another boa to these babies making them 2/3 boa would look nice and maybe get some boa colour aswell. Wonder what size they will get and if babies will get different lengths or all the same.
CarlaSmit87
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:34 pm

So how many 3 species cross hybrids are out there?
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby TonyK » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:49 pm

CarlaSmit87 wrote: Wonder what size they will get and if babies will get different lengths or all the same.

Size now that would just be a guess but the conventional thinking is that the first generation (F1) is always very uniform in outward appearances and characteristics.
TonyK
SA Reptiles Member

PreviousNext

Return to Reptile hybridisation and genetic anomalies