P.guttatus x L.alterna

Interspecies breeding and 2 headed snakes are the type of thing that would be discussed here. We are aware that these are controversial issues and some people feel strongly about their opinions on them. Please respect each other's views and keep discussions amicable.

Re: P.guttatus x L.alterna

Postby Westley Price » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Very pretty snake Stony.

I am quite fond of the more visually appealing hybrids, like yours. I have a feeling it will colour up nicely in the next year or so.

As far as a name would go I have no idea.

Looking forward to more updates
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Durban Keeper » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:40 am

My intention was not to fight lol. Just wanted to know why you decided to get this. Enjoy your snake. If the hybrid has no name perhaps you should give it one and state it publicly...you never know. It might catch on.

Dean
Life is but a dream for the dead.
Durban Keeper
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rolandslf » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:32 pm

What Dean says is true, many of the Hybrid common names come from someone who bred something and the offspring did not have a common name. the breeder then named the offspring and it took off with all subsequent hybrids being called that. For instance, I intend breeding Sinaloan milk to Creamsicle Corn. The offspring will be known as Sinacream. This is confirmed with a major overseas Hybrid site.
It is better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On.
Roland Friskin
rolandslf
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Reptile hybridisation and genetic anomalies