My Gravid GTP update plus new egg laying Set up

My Gravid GTP update plus new egg laying Set up

Postby Sly » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:02 pm

She has ovulated and the colour change has started, some blue's coming through so far:

Started a new 56L Addis plastic tub, with a parrot box attached for her to enter and drop eggs in. The parrot box can easly be removed from Addis tub to remove female after she has dropped also cut the side of the parrot box and put a perspex window in, so as not to disturb her which also allows me to observe her egg laying process.
Sly
SA Reptiles Member

Re: My Gravid GTP update plus new egg laying Set up

Postby Hoss » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:15 pm

Looking good Deon! Green with envy is an appropriate term to use in this case I think ;)
Hoss
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Carpetpythons » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:06 pm

Such an elaborate setup for something that they will just do underneath a normal hide. We used to bother with hides like that for ours but soon realised its not really necessary.
Carpetpythons
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sly » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:10 pm

Carpetpythons: Well hoping to get some filmimg involved so i guess a simple hide is not going to work.
Sly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Carpetpythons » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:16 pm

Oh ok, hahaha! I'm a slight minimalist when it comes to stuff like that. Don't let the tree huggers see the thikness of the rods. They will say that the snake will hurt itself by sitting on those skinny it's of plastic.
Carpetpythons
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:13 am

I think you should make that hole to the egg box even bigger ,she looks like a fat girl.
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby night » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:13 am

Hi Bud

Good to see that you are having a great start , and that you have gone to so mutch effort and hard work to make a nest an all i wish you only success and lots of babies! :

Regards Night
night
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Green tree pythons (Morelia viridis)