Cordylus mossambicus c.b 2010

Re: Cordylus mossambicus c.b 2010

Postby Warren Klein » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:57 am

Thanks for the explanation Rene your English is quite clear to understand. I do not use any UVB lighting with my Varanids either due to their balanced diet of whole prey items and liver but I did not think you could get away with not using UVB with Cordylids. However it must be working if you are breeding them regularly.

I am interested in what brand of calcium and vitamins you are using? You also mention that you spray them once a week a with vitamin/calc. solution, is this a specific product designed for spaying or do you mix it up yourself?
An inaccurate naturalist is a pest and a danger, forever perpetuating illogical deductions and landing later naturalists in trouble. Damm and blast them all to hell in the most painful way. C.J.P. Ionides
Warren Klein
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Cordylus3 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:41 pm

Herphabitat wrote:Thanks for the explanation Rene your English is quite clear to understand. I do not use any UVB lighting with my Varanids either due to their balanced diet of whole prey items and liver but I did not think you could get away with not using UVB with Cordylids. However it must be working if you are breeding them regularly.

I am interested in what brand of calcium and vitamins you are using? You also mention that you spray them once a week a with vitamin/calc. solution, is this a specific product designed for spaying or do you mix it up yourself?

We use several types in different forms of calcium and vitamins naming the brand is usles since i expect it to have a other name in s.a ill try to sum up what we use
In powder form: for some lizards we use a calc / vit mix its specialy for reptiles but its expencive We use quit a lot off the stuff so i made some powder my self uzing multi vitamin pils with special attention to A.D3 (for humans) and calcium pils (for humans) i also put in pure calcium from cuttlefish shell to be sure the calc fosforus combination is more suteble for reptiles. The whole stuff i grind with a lab grinder to a powder fine enough to stick on the crickets/frutflies.
in liquid form i use calcium unfuus used for cattle and a multi vitamin solution also used for cattle. I know the whole does not sound very professional but it works for us, its not that i just mixed the stuff random i red my self into the needs of the reptiles/amphibians first.
greets Rene
Cordylus3
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Warren Klein » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:48 pm

Thanks Rene, sounds like quite a mixture you are using there. I use Centrum multi vitamin pills for some of my lizards which is also designed for humans as well as Miner-All brand calcium and vitamin supplement which is a reptile product. Do you use the calcium/multi vitamin solution every time you spray your lizards for drinking?
An inaccurate naturalist is a pest and a danger, forever perpetuating illogical deductions and landing later naturalists in trouble. Damm and blast them all to hell in the most painful way. C.J.P. Ionides
Warren Klein
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to African Lizards