Help with a frilled lizzard please

Help with a frilled lizzard please

Postby JackB » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:44 pm

Hey peeps,

A friend of mine got a frilled lizard a while back and he’s having trouble getting the animal to eat. Is there anyone on the forum who I can pm for help?
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
JackB
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Help with a frilled lizzard please

Postby Reinhard Booysen » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:26 pm

There is quite a few things that can cause that.
How is the following: Temperature, humidity, what is he offering the lizard to eat?
Reinhard Booysen
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Help with a frilled lizzard please

Postby Marion » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:54 pm

Hi all

PLEASE get the frillie to the vet!! I had the same problem with one I bought. The seller told me the lizard was very lazy and liked to be hand fed, but in fact it was extremely ill with a serious parasite infestation. By the time I realised that there was something wrong, it was too late. My chap also didn't want to eat and no matter how hard I tried to feed him, nothing worked. The vet had him for a week but despite all his efforts my frillie died.

Your friend's frilled lizard may just be fussy or his habitat may not be correct, but if your friend is sure the temp and humidity is correct, tell him not to wait. Get professional care and help from a reptile vet.

Tell him good luck and let us know how he is doing.
Marion
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Australasian Lizards