Lechianus gecko

Lechianus gecko

Postby wimpievanzyl » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:10 am

Hey everyone was wondering if anyone know if we have these type of geckos here in SA available for sale? Saw a video on youtube and typed the name into google and I must say its a very intresting gecko.
wimpievanzyl
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Lechianus gecko

Postby Bushviper » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:52 am

There have been Rhacodactylus leachianus in SA in the past but I have not seen any recently. They were horrendously expensive and now that there are different sub-species the prices have gone up again after dropping for a while. The first ones sold to the US went for about $20 000-00 each. Now they are down to a few hundred dollars. They are massive and the largest living geckos in the world.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Fooble » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:16 pm

There are a few in Durban at a facility but not for sale.

Impressive gecko's!
Organized crime comes in more forms than one.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby wimpievanzyl » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:16 pm

Yes i agree they are really massive and cool looking and it is sad that they are so expensive. Hopefully in the near future there will be one for sale....... :) thanks for the replies guys!
wimpievanzyl
SA Reptiles Member

Postby GregZN » Mon May 21, 2012 10:41 am

After being in the shop every day for about six months (just to make sure he was still there) I finally got my hands on my beast from Tyrone at Dragon fire!... He ( I say he but not sure so fingers crossed) is about a year old now, had him from a hatchling and will never look back.. From head to tip of tail he is now 17cm long and growing at a mind blowing rate.. His diet consists of crickets, crestie diet mix up untill 3 months ago now it just goes off in the viv, so not going to use it any more and thawed pinks which he smashes.. I have tried to up load a pic but not having any joy..
GregZN
SA Reptiles Member

Postby F1refly » Mon May 21, 2012 1:57 pm

It seems Tyrone can get just about anything, from those geckos to turtles to two headed kingsnakes.
"Welcome to Megaton, the Bomb is perfectely safe" - Deputy Weld, Fallout 3

"People don't die in America because of lack of Health Insurance. People die in America because people die in America" - Stephen Colbert

"Just because you don't understand how electricity works, doesn't mean it's the work of god"

Reptiles
1.0.0 Python regius
0.1.0 Pogona vitticeps
0.0.1 Elaphe guttata guttata
0.0.1 Eublepharis macularis
F1refly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby geckofan101 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:35 pm

Is anyone selling leachianus in south africa? Who is tyronne from dragon fire? Please could someone help me out I am really keen to buy some leachies
geckofan101
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Geckos