GOLDEN RETRIEVER KILLS CAPE COBRA

Archived topics, still open for discussion.

GOLDEN RETRIEVER KILLS CAPE COBRA

Postby fatboy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:15 am

my parents stay in a small fishing village called paternoster on the west coast, yesterday friends of thiers went for a walk with their 4 year old retriever b!tch. halfway through their walk they came across a very hood happy capey which proceeded to strike at the dog, apparently the dog turned and grabbed it in mid air and killed it, i have never heard or seen this before, is it a one in a million thing or is it quite common?
fatboy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby bigred » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:55 am

It's unfortunately fairly common. I've seen 3 fox terriers kill a large nivea, and have heard stories from people up the west coast how their dogs have killed cobras. It appears the terriers and hunting dogs, like the retrievers, are quick enough to dodge the cobra's strike and then snap in for a kill.
Puffies are another matter though...already well over 10 dogs killed so far this year.
"If all mankind were to disappear, the world would regenerate back to the rich state of equilibrium that existed ten thousand years ago. If insects were to vanish, the environment would collapse into chaos."
bigred
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Return to Active archive