Illegal shipment found in the post

You can find all the current news with regard to Reptiles here. Announcements about anything reptile and site related will be made here as well for your information.

Re: Illegal shipment found in the post

Postby Bushviper » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:31 pm

MacAdder wrote:
Bushviper wrote: you tried to smuggle snouted cobras to the Cape and got caught.

That is your unproven and slanderous assumption.

Well then sue me. I dare you.

I have never received snakes from Canada and the snakes I got from Germany had CITES permits. This is common knowledge and on record so I dont mind it if anyone knows that. Guess what, since then I have imported at least three more shipments too. Today I have applied for another export permit and have two import permits pending. What more do you need to know?

I also do not need presents from the organised crime unit? Possibly you meant presence? Trust me they know where I live as I have a good working relationship with them.

I have not seen you at one workshop, congress or seminar about reptiles in South Africa. You have done absolutely nothing to assist with conservation and now because I bring this to everyone's attention to not break the law now I am being labeled the bad guy?

Why do you think I still allow you to post on the forum? I could ban you so easily but this way you just end up making a bigger fool of yourself.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby armata » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:35 pm

Now that is a good idea MrG; simple but effective. If using your given name then maybe people would think twice about the content of their post. Can it be done admin?
' I get my kicks on Route 62 '
armata
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby Bushviper » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:48 pm

armata we have debated this and suggested that people can put their real names in their signatures. A number of people have already done that.

Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby bubblesharp » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:03 pm

MrG wrote:
These things are decided by courts, not by petshopboy peer reviews.

I agree someone is innocent until proven guilty. A colleague with good legal back ground predicts the sender would be more open for prosecution because the receiver didn’t signed for the parcel and it was not found in his possession. If the alleged receivers permits are in order authorities might have trouble proving anything. We also know the SA legal system. :)

A good debate will not harm anyone but it is sad to see the back stabbing and hitting out at persons on this forum. Some just give opinions without thinking. The are many stories out there but what would one gain by badmouthing others. No one is above the law and if we had enough nature conservationist and decent laws, things like this would probably not happen. Digging up the past is also not the way to go.

The site is bigger than individuals and Admin should stop people using nick names. I suggest one operates under his real name and surname. (This should also be verified with references.)

Some try to boost this site with good inputs and post but admin should close threats if it gets personal.

Agree with you MrG! Nothing legally can really be done until the receiver is either in possession of the snakes or there is sound proof that the snakes in Q was sent to him on his request, which is pretty hard to prove without paperwork or confession. The sender in this case is the one that will have to answer! That is if he can be found! Its gonna be pretty hard as you don't need to give all personal info to the post office when sending a parcel. You make up your parcel, take to post office, pay postage and walk out! Return address and telephone no can be given falsely and no one will care until something like this happens! That said, my previous posts just like most of the other posts was provoked by the wild accusations that does not even have anything to do with this case! Accusing people from N Cape sending these snakes. From Louis Trichardt and constantly trying to deflect attention onto others!

I mean come on, if those snakes where sent to me, I would first of all, cooperate with whoever fully to have my name cleared! And my first post would be, to lay out the facts, (if I was innocent of course) that I did not order nor request these animals! They were sent to me without my knowing! Turn state witness against sender if found! Not discredit myself by making unfound and wild accusations! In the end, even if proven innocent the damage to Shaun's name is now done on this forum, and it was his own doing!
Eben Brits
Cell 071 603 6596
BBM 27E1FDF4
bubblesharp
SA Reptiles Member

Postby MacAdder » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:27 pm

bubblesharp wrote:... In the end, even if proven innocent the damage to Shaun's name is now done on this forum, and it was his own doing!

Bubblesharp it does not matter what I say in defense as it will be turned and twisted to suit these insane accusations. If I say nothing I’m seen as guilty and if I say I am innocent I will be considered guilty. I never requested this snake to be sent to me and if I did I would have followed protocol. I do not have any spare facilities for this said animal and do not need the critter so I have no motive for receiving this animal.
I will with pleasure assist the authorities in tracking down whoever pulled this bull by posting a live animal via the post if asked to do so.
I certainly do not have to defend myself from the likes of Arno Naudé and fat-boy Montague-Fryer. If either has anything substantial other than unproven assumptions and slanderous accusations report me and let’s be done with it.
Naudé is well aware that I have insight and knowledge regards some of his shady dealings so he uses any opportunity to badmouth me with second hand borrowed opinions in an attempt to soil my good name. I hope his snake he posted has not suffered any ill affects when it is returned to him.
MacAdder
SA Reptiles member (restricted)

Postby Bushviper » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:50 pm

MacAdder wrote:Naudé is well aware that I have insight and knowledge regards some of his shady dealings so he uses any opportunity to badmouth me with second hand borrowed opinions in an attempt to soil my good name. I hope his snake he posted has not suffered any ill affects when it is returned to him.

Well if you have any proof then go to the authorities. Would I allow you to make any wild accusations on my own site if I had anything to worry about? Due to the fact that you are in the "special class" your posts have to be approved before anyone can see them. Dont you find it strange that these posts are allowed if I had anything to hide?

The article clearly says snakes with an "s" and you know that too.

You have broken the rules enough times now and our patience is running out with you. Any more baseless accusations or name calling and you will be banned from the site. Read the rules or ask someone to read them to you.

Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby bubblesharp » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:38 pm

I really truly do not understand this guy!

Shaun most people on this Forum does not have a clue who you are, and I presume very few people know why bad blood exist between you and Arno, so skip the cr@p! I don't think that IF you had any incriminating evidence against the people you constantly accuse and bad mouth! Personally if I was guilty of something and some guy had incriminating evidence against me, I would try NOT to piss him off in fear of the evidence coming out!

It rarely matters what a person say, its the way he/she says it that matters! You constantly try and put the attention on someone else, and it has absolutely no effect, other that every time you post, you look more and more guilty! Then you go and lecture about intelligence! While you bad mouth them! Honestly the only thing that was said, was that the parcel was addressed to you! Which is the truth, and immediately you start accusing them of all sorts of other crimes! To me the only person on this thread that makes you look guilty is you!

I hope the truth comes out quickly as this matter has caught the attention of a lot of people by now!

Are there any news on who the sender of the package was? I would like to hear that excuse also!
Eben Brits
Cell 071 603 6596
BBM 27E1FDF4
bubblesharp
SA Reptiles Member

Postby jka » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:22 am

Just what we need a good laugh thanks Shaun!

MacAdder wrote:Thank you westley
Gary Montague-Fryer AKA namaquaboy it is not your fault that you are certainly not the sharpest tool in the workshop but you are well aware regards my opinion of the illegal snake trade. If you think I would even consider allowing anyone to send me live animals via the post you are even dumber than you really are.
This is some silly childish “sting” operation that has blown up in your face. I can’t prove it but I believe that you and Naudé have a hand in it. Grow up both of you.

Who are you trying to Bullshit? :smt018
Evolution is an imperfect and often violent process. A battle between what exists, and what is yet to be born.

-Owned by scalybunni-
jka
SA Reptiles Member

Postby MacAdder » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:11 am

Bushviper wrote:.... Any more baseless accusations or name calling and you will be banned from the site. Read the rules or ask someone to read them to you.

Naudé you put me on "special class" posting because I tell it the way it is so you want to control what I can say to avoid embarrassment. You sit on your imaginary throne spewing unfounded accusations bringing my name into disrepute but when I speak up and challenge your arrogant conceited bull you threaten me.
Dear King what’s good for the you is good for all. Don’t set the president if you can’t follow your own rules.

Bushviper wrote:.... Any more baseless accusations or name calling and you will be banned from the site. Read the rules or ask someone to read them to you.

Naudé you put me on "special class" posting because I tell it the way it is so you want to control what I can say to avoid embarrassment. You sit on your imaginary throne spewing unfounded accusations bringing my name into disrepute but when I speak up and challenge your arrogant conceited bull you threaten me.
Dear King what’s good for you should be good for all. Don’t set the president if you can’t follow your own rules.
MacAdder
SA Reptiles member (restricted)

Postby froot » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:46 pm

Naudé you put me on "special class" posting

Ummm... that was me.

This IMO qualifies as a baseless accusation so there you have it.

I'm bored now, bugger this topic. Imagine certain folks could conduct themselves maturely hey, wow.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Previous

Return to News and Announcements