Western Cape people (CPT region)

You can find all the current news with regard to Reptiles here. Announcements about anything reptile and site related will be made here as well for your information.

Re: Western Cape people (CPT region)

Postby Pieter89 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:48 pm

Thanks a lot. I agree, we can leave it at that.
Pieter van Zyl
Pieter89
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Loslappie » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:37 pm

I think the cape Nature Vs Keepers Debate will go on and on.. And all that will bring us is nowhere, unfortunately the ordinances are draconian, and those of us that were at the workshops, can see the efforts being made, whenever the changes happens is another matter.
With all thats been happening in Cape Nature Id be surprised if that happens in the next 2 years.

But that still does not mean that individuals can just nilly willy bend the rules and claim a non working relationship with Cape nature is the cause. I bend the rules most times, and they are aware of this, like catching a snake without a catch and release permit.

However with time you tend to get an idea of how the system works, and where its shortcomings are.. in this regard I call them and tell them its not working, what I do is for the best of the animals.. Most of the arguments Ive heard is Cape Nature vs Keepers, and peoples gripes with permits,and what they can keep.

But when a person continually attacks other people, and always push their own agenda, and does not offer constructive criticism, and sours just about any relationship, now whether that person is doing it for the animals doesnt matter, many people just remember how they were burnt and will not stand with that person, whether that person is the chairman or not.

Im sorry, and just being a human, I cannot see any wrong with that.
If it hasnt yet, it will!
Loslappie
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rodwraylva » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:50 pm

Not at all, but I think that you must be able to bear the person, even if it is just for short whiles, like during a meeting, and help eachother for the greater good.
Rodwraylva
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Loslappie » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:09 am

Rodwraylva wrote:Not at all, but I think that you must be able to bear the person, .

Im sorry, and you will probably find this is the opinion of many people. His underhanded tactics leaves everyone suspicious about anything he does.
I hope you guys dont experience this as well. Anyway, Id rather not talk about hime before he decides to e-mail my Boss.
If it hasnt yet, it will!
Loslappie
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rodwraylva » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:09 pm

I understand.
Rodwraylva
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to News and Announcements