Western Cape people (CPT region)

You can find all the current news with regard to Reptiles here. Announcements about anything reptile and site related will be made here as well for your information.

Re: Western Cape people (CPT region)

Postby F1refly » Tue May 29, 2012 7:55 pm

Wow that linked thread had me in stitche. What ever came of it? Also, I might also have lent some long distance support but won't anymore.
"Welcome to Megaton, the Bomb is perfectely safe" - Deputy Weld, Fallout 3

"People don't die in America because of lack of Health Insurance. People die in America because people die in America" - Stephen Colbert

"Just because you don't understand how electricity works, doesn't mean it's the work of god"

Reptiles
1.0.0 Python regius
0.1.0 Pogona vitticeps
0.0.1 Elaphe guttata guttata
0.0.1 Eublepharis macularis
F1refly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Tue May 29, 2012 8:31 pm

Jane wrote:Because the common goal with him is not the same

What agenda is he pushing.
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rodwraylva » Tue May 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Cast hate aside we need something here in WC to get a hand on natcon, wether it is Shaun, or who ever, it has to be someone willing to start it, and nobody is seeming to do that, and yet again we are all moaning again, start an association, and the first thing you do is gun people lay down their problems, but nobody seems to want to try and start anything. Atleast Shaun did, and that is why I am willing to work with him, as he is trying to do something and everyone else just moans.
Rodwraylva
SA Reptiles Member

Postby shadowfoot » Tue May 29, 2012 10:10 pm

Rodwraylva, I am not trying to be rude here, but what would the credibility of the club be if its head or president or whatever has been accused of such things as in the afore mentioned thread?
People will ALWAYS moan, its human nature.
Shining brightly, even for a split
second, is better than living a
dull-grey life for eternity - Jing (King Of Bandits)
A life without gambling is like
sushi without wasabi - Gintoki (Gintama)
I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it - Steve Irwin
shadowfoot
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rodwraylva » Tue May 29, 2012 10:27 pm

I understand what you are saying, but when people should be looking for alterior answers, as I have not seen CRC doing much, I was thinking that the people would then look for someone to set in charge, I am just saying, it needs to be done, so we need to look for a sulltion not another argument. And the cobras being sent to Shaun, as reading throughthe topic, there has been no true verdict reached. Yes he did defend himself by attacking those who accused him, but would you not do that aswell if someone was accusing you of something, I would try to defend myself if it where my name being used...
Rodwraylva
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Loslappie » Wed May 30, 2012 7:18 am

Rodwraylva wrote:I understand what you are saying, but when people should be looking for alterior answers, as I have not seen CRC doing much, I was thinking that the people would then look for someone to set in charge, I am just saying, it needs to be done, so we need to look for a sulltion not another argument. And the cobras being sent to Shaun, as reading throughthe topic, there has been no true verdict reached. Yes he did defend himself by attacking those who accused him, but would you not do that aswell if someone was accusing you of something, I would try to defend myself if it where my name being used...

Rodwraylva, so then start the association, if it is a noble one you will get your support, but you only creating more doubt by arguing a point such as this.
If it hasnt yet, it will!
Loslappie
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rodwraylva » Wed May 30, 2012 1:00 pm

I will do what I can, but one cannot do this alone.
Rodwraylva
SA Reptiles Member

Postby F1refly » Wed May 30, 2012 3:12 pm

Your loyalty to this cause is admirable. I redact what I said. I live too far away to be of any help but if there is a petition that needs signed, I'll sign. Just know that I can't attend any meetings.
"Welcome to Megaton, the Bomb is perfectely safe" - Deputy Weld, Fallout 3

"People don't die in America because of lack of Health Insurance. People die in America because people die in America" - Stephen Colbert

"Just because you don't understand how electricity works, doesn't mean it's the work of god"

Reptiles
1.0.0 Python regius
0.1.0 Pogona vitticeps
0.0.1 Elaphe guttata guttata
0.0.1 Eublepharis macularis
F1refly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rodwraylva » Wed May 30, 2012 3:42 pm

Firefly, my purpose is to just get our voice out, if through CRC or Shaun, does not matter, but as long as we have a good voice to speak as a community it will work.
Rodwraylva
SA Reptiles Member

Postby snake kid » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:41 am

I'm in mate as long as we get something done but attending meetings is hard for me as I live in Oudtshoorn. But yeah i'm in.
3.1. BCI
1.0. Burmese python
1.0. Taiwanese ratsnake
2.0. Cornsnake 1 normal 1 Butter
1.2. Brown house snake
1.1. Olive house snake
1.0. Mole snake
1.1. Rhombic egg eater
1.0. Coral snake
1.1. Red lipped herald
0.1. Cape cobra
1.1. Night adder
1.1. Puff adder
1.0. boomslang
snake kid
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rodwraylva » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:15 am

Why can I not post? Or rather not post a URL?
Rodwraylva
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rodwraylva » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:54 pm

"Greetings Friends & Associates

You are invited to the first meeting to create a new Reptile Association of keepers & rescuers. The reason for this Association is to help unite us and create a network of involved, interested and affected parties of like minded individuals.
The meeting venue will held at the Girl Guide Hall in Pinelands on Thursday 7th June 2012 at 19H15.
Directions: At the top of Union Avenue is the Central Square. Parking is in front of St. Stephens Church. The Girl Guide Hall is the oval shaped building with a large [G] in white on the front wall.
Please be kind enough to confirm your booking (RSVP) for seating arrangements.

Kind Regards
Shaun"

For those interested, go look for "WESTERN CAPE HERPETOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION (WCHA)" on FB and just come by if you can.
Rodwraylva
SA Reptiles Member

Postby BRB » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:37 pm

Not if Shaun is heading this up, he has his own agenda, he is confrontational and knows exactly how to ruffle everyone's feathers including the authorities. Eventually Cape Nature will start painting us all with the same brush and make herping in the Western Cape near impossible!
Please join my Facebook page, "Ball Python Obsession" for all the latest news and updates

https://m.facebook.com/Ballpythonobsession?ref=bookmark

1.1 Spiders, 0.4 Pastels, 1.0 Leopard 1.0 Phantom Yellow Belly 0.1 Butter Ghost 1.1 Genetic Stripes, 1.0 Mojave Ghost, 1.0 Spotnose, 1.0 Butter, 1.0 Pinstripe, 0.4 Mojave, 0.1 Albino, 0.3 Het Hypo, 0.1 Het Axanthic, 0.1 Cinnamon, 0.13 Normals, 1.0 Firefly, 0.1 Fire, 0.3 Pastel Spotnose
BRB
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bitis cerevisia » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:18 am

Could not make the meeting. Just wanted to find out if there was any feedback.
Bitis cerevisia
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Rodwraylva » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:48 am

Bitis, the meet was just to get in order what is going on, and what we have to do, what is wrong in the system and what we need to attempt to reach, so just informative. And BRB, Shaun has no ties to this, he just took the liberty to get people together, due to having knowledge about Cape Nature and what they do, he just gave insight, and he spesifically said, he does not want to be involved with the actions or has no say in what will happen, and rather just give his guidance. We, who where at the meet, had one thing to get out, and that is that Cape Nature is ruling the reptile trade with fear, and we are sick and tired of it, so we will stand up for what is right and not be governed by misconducted laws thought up by people who do not even know the difference between a legless skink and a snake. If we are to get things done, we need to stand together, as if CRC gets along and the people who where at ;ast nights meet gets along, and they are working against eachother Cape Nature would not give any good results as you cannot have two people battling eachother for the same cause, if we are to get laws into order that are right for all people, then we need to come together and talk with eachother and settle our differences. And I know Shaun gets things stired up, that is true, but if you are going to change something you cannot say yes to everything which they imply you to follow just because you are afraid, and if you take up the courage to adress these problems, you will make enemies because some people like to get benefits from the arrangements that they get with knowing stuff. We need to stand up for what is right, but the moment you stand up for it, you become a threat and will get targeted by the authority governing the laws we follow. (I hope I made sence because I am seriously sounding confusing)
Rodwraylva
SA Reptiles Member

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements