Animaniacs burns down.

You can find all the current news with regard to Reptiles here. Announcements about anything reptile and site related will be made here as well for your information.

Re: Animaniacs burns down.

Postby zululand » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:58 pm

sh!t! Always the good guys hey! Good luck mate
http://www.thewetlandpark.co.za

Follow us on Twitter - www.twitter.com/thewetlandpark
zululand
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Mehelya » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:08 pm

Condolences for the losses and injury. A speedy recovery, on both fronts.
Rian
If I wasn't me, then I'd probably be someone else...
Forceps. Not fingers...
Yes, it probably will bite you if you carry on that way...
Mehelya
SA Reptiles Member

Postby SABOAMAN » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:18 am

Animaniacs in Beeld this morning

http://www.beeld.com/Suid-Afrika/Nuus/K ... e-20130326

Koi-dam red sy lewe

Emalahleni (Witbank). – Die eienaar van ’n troeteldierwinkel moes in ’n koi-dam spring om te keer dat hy deur vlamme verswelg word.

Henry Kemp, eienaar van Animaniacs in dié dorp, het juis in sy brandende winkel in die Izindlu Village-kompleks ingehardloop om te probeer om van sy eksotiese diere te red.

Hy kon nie uitkom nie weens die vlamme wat net meer en meer geword het.

Kemp (35), ’n pa van twee klein kinders, het sowat 40% brandwonde aan sy bene en arms opgedoen en is gistermiddag na die brandeenheid van die Milpark-hospitaal in Johannesburg oorgeplaas.

“Dié is aardse goed. Al wat nou vir ons belangrik is, is my broer,” het Cozette Beck, mede-eienaar van die Izindlu Village-kompleks en Kemp se suster, gister gesê. Beck het eergister omstreeks 23:00 ’n oproep van ’n veiligheidsmaatskappy gekry dat ’n alarm in die kompleks afgegaan het.

Sy het Kemp, wat by Animaniacs met eksotiese diere soos luislange en likkewane teel, gevra om te gaan kyk omdat hy naby die kompleks bly.

Animaniacs is een van agt winkels in dié kompleks. Almal het afgebrand.

“Toe my broer om die draai kom, het hy die vlamme gesien,” het Beck gesê.

“Hy het diere in kwarantyn en het by die winkel ingegaan om te kyk of hy hulle kan red.

“Dit is wie hy is. Die diere is sy lewe. Henry is deur die vlamme oorval. Dit klink asof dit nie die vlamme is wat hom gebrand het nie, maar die hitte.

“Ons het buite gestaan en gehoor hoe hy skree: ‘Help my, help my.’

“Ek het vir hom geskree om in een van die koi-damme in te spring wat hy toe gedoen het.”

Volgens Beck het brandweermanne oor mure aan die agterkant van die kompleks geklim en Kemp van die agterkant af gered. Albei sy arms, van sy hande tot by sy elmboë en albei sy bene, van sy voete tot by sy knieë, het gebrand.

Die diere wat doodgebrand is, is twee boas, 55 luislange (ball pythons), 20 koringslange, 300 spinnekoppe, 20 koi-visse, ’n paar Amasone-papegaaie, ander kleiner voëls en tarantulas. Van die diere wat gered is, is na ’n veearts in Pretoria geneem, terwyl die res deur Kemp se ouers versorg word.

Beck het gesê die skade aan die geboue beloop tussen R8 miljoen en R9 miljoen.

Zandra Mulder en Aneesa ­Gani, mede-eienaars van die La Rochelle-haarsalon, het in Februarie hul winkel klaar gere­stoureer. “Ons huil en ons huil en ons huil. Almal hier was soos familie.”
Rudolf Booyens
SABOAMAN
SA Reptiles Member

Postby insaniac » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:43 am

This is shattering news.

Very, very sad to hear.

At least we can take away one piece of good news from this terribly tragic event, that Henry was not seriously injured, or worse...

The bravery shown by him to RUN INTO A BURNING BUILDING TO SAVE HIS ANIMALS... will not be forgotten.

I wish him the very best with the recovery process, and his family and partners the strength to get up and just keep swimming.

Don't fret too much about the animals, we all know... All pets go to heaven..

C.
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other...
insaniac
SA Reptiles Member

Postby SABOAMAN » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:39 am

And in IOL news:

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/ ... -1.1492421

Pet shop owner injured in blaze - report

Johannesburg - The owner of a Witbank pet shop is in a serious condition in hospital after he ran into his burning shop to save his exotic animals, Beeld reported on Wednesday.

Henry Kemp, 35, owner of Animaniacs, in the Izindlu Village complex, received a phone call around 11pm on Saturday night from his security company to inform him the alarm system at his business was not working.

He and his sister, Cozette Beck, who is the co-owner of the shopping complex, drove there to investigate, and found all eight shops ablaze.

“He had animals in quarantine, and ran into the shop to see if he could save them. This is who he is. The animals were his life. Henry was overcome by the flames. We stood outside and heard him shouting: 'Help me, help me.' I called to him to jump into one of the koi dams, and that's what he did.”

Firefighters managed to save Kemp from the building. He was taken to Milpark hospital in Johannesburg with serious burns to his arms and legs.

Among the animals lost in the fire were two boas, 55 ball pythons, 300 spiders, 20 koi, a few Amazon parrots, and smaller birds and tarantulas.

Beck said damage to the complex was estimated at between R8 million and R9m
Rudolf Booyens
SABOAMAN
SA Reptiles Member

Postby MrG » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:38 am

Sad news. Sterkte daar.
MrG
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby Bushbaby » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:00 pm

I just spoke to Henry's wife, Sam, a little while ago. The doctors are very worried about the burns to his legs. They estimate he will spend a month in ICU and it should take about 6 months for him to fully recover. He is not out of the woods yet, but all we can do is keep him and the family in our thoughts & prayers.
http://www.snakebiteassist.co.za
http://www.reptileexpo.co.za
http://www.boaconstrictors.co.za
Bushbaby
SA Reptiles Admin

Postby F1refly » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:10 pm

8 Mill? Wow, okay, Um yeah, good luck, pretty sure some of those Ball Python Morphs would have helped quite a bit but yeah. So good luck, and maybe we'll see a re-opening in the future
"Welcome to Megaton, the Bomb is perfectely safe" - Deputy Weld, Fallout 3

"People don't die in America because of lack of Health Insurance. People die in America because people die in America" - Stephen Colbert

"Just because you don't understand how electricity works, doesn't mean it's the work of god"

Reptiles
1.0.0 Python regius
0.1.0 Pogona vitticeps
0.0.1 Elaphe guttata guttata
0.0.1 Eublepharis macularis
F1refly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Davidc » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:31 pm

F1refly wrote:8 Mill? Wow, okay, Um yeah, good luck, pretty sure some of those Ball Python Morphs would have helped quite a bit but yeah. So good luck, and maybe we'll see a re-opening in the future

Damage was not just to the petshop. There were a couple of shops in the village that got destroyed too.
Ball Pythons
1-9-0 Normal
1-0-0 Spider het AXA
1-0-0 Mojave het Orange Ghost
1-0-0 Cinnamon Vanilla
1-1-0 Yellow belly
0-1-0 Axhantic
1-3-0 Pastel
0-1-0 Fire
GTP's
1-1-0
Davidc
SA Reptiles Member

Postby F1refly » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:17 pm

Yeah, but still
"Welcome to Megaton, the Bomb is perfectely safe" - Deputy Weld, Fallout 3

"People don't die in America because of lack of Health Insurance. People die in America because people die in America" - Stephen Colbert

"Just because you don't understand how electricity works, doesn't mean it's the work of god"

Reptiles
1.0.0 Python regius
0.1.0 Pogona vitticeps
0.0.1 Elaphe guttata guttata
0.0.1 Eublepharis macularis
F1refly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby bitis keeper » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:42 pm

My thoughts and prayers go out to henry and his family.risking your life to save animals will never desrves a medal! Hoping for speedy recovery
bitis keeper
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bernice » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:15 pm

Oh my goodness! Our thoughts and prayers are with you Henry!
I feel for you and the family! My aunt and I had to nurse my uncle through similar burn wounds, he got caught in a grass fire, also 30% burns on arms and legs... its not fun...
Happiness is a fat mouse and a warm rock!

Dont fly! 4X4! The noble eagle may soar! but a weasel wont get sucked into a jet intake valve...

Some people are like a slinky spring, they make you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs!
Bernice
SA Reptiles Member

Condition of Henry

Postby AneryCobra » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:04 pm

Hey all. Does anyone know the current status of Henry from Animaniacs? I hope he's doing alright...

-Topics Merged-
1.2.0 Ball Python
1.1.0 Corn Snake
1.0.0 Honduran Milk Snake
0.0.1 Mexican King Snake

"I'm not about to go out and buy a snake for a pet. I mean, I may have faced a few fears but I'm not insane."
-Kristin Davis
AneryCobra
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:29 am

Henry is off the ventilator. He has had some grafts done especially to his legs. He is still in ICU but I dont know if he is still isolated as before. He will still be in hospital for many months.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby gekosin » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:52 am

Hectic, any other ways we can try help? Any news on the Auction?
Proud Parent Of -

4.0.0 Corn Snake (Ghost Striped, Anery, Amber Stripe Corn)
0.3.0 Corn Snake (Normal, High Bloodred, Motley Gold Dust)
gekosin
SA Reptiles Member

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements