Women and cat both bitten by night adder

You can find all the current news with regard to Reptiles here. Announcements about anything reptile and site related will be made here as well for your information.

Women and cat both bitten by night adder

Postby Wazted » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:49 am

This an article about a night adder in news24 - link (http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/ ... r-20130920)

Durban - A woman was left in a serious condition after being bitten by a snake near her home in Inchanga on Wednesday.

According to reports, the woman, who is in her 30s, and a cat were both walking towards her house. As they approached the entrance, a night adder struck both the woman and the cat.

Chris Botha from Netcare 911 said: “Netcare 911 paramedics arrived at the scene and after stabilising the female, they transported her to an area hospital in Pietermaritzburg for the care that she required. The paramedics made arrangements and had the feline taken to a local vet for further care.”

Botha warned the public to become more aware of snakes, especially during this time.

“Adders and mambas are very common in KwaZulu-Natal. It is now snake season, so there will be more snake activity,” he said
Wazted
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Women and cat both bitten by night adder

Postby it_bit_me » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:08 am

Jeez man they could've given us more details.
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:09 pm

I think this was blown out of proportion. Makes you imagine that the snake lay in wait and attacked them. More like the pesky feline tried to kill the indigenous wildlife (as they so often do) and the woman tried to take the snake away from the cat.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby najarw » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:49 pm

A while back our neighbours cat tried to tackle a night adder, the night adder nailed the cat and the cat was out of action for 3 days. :)
Night adders rock.....
najarw
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Serpent » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:05 pm

So if she is indeed in a serious condition, she must have had a bad reaction to the venom, or the story is blown out of proportion as usual!
Serpent
SA Reptiles Member

Return to News and Announcements