exo-terra expo

This section is for non-profit organisations, Events and Legalities. Please do not use it for advertising. If you wish to post an Event, please seek approval via Bushviper or Bushbaby.

Re: exo-terra expo

Postby Snakes4Africa » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:10 pm

Are these expos still worthwhile? To the exhibitor and to the buyer/browser?
Those who have made no mistakes have learned nothing and can teach nothing.
The same is true of those who continue to make the same mistakes.

Pain is temporary
Snakes4Africa
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Death-Skull » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:23 pm

Oh they still worthwhile to b viewed,
and some are going to be bred this year so mayb to buyer
------------"A GUY stands up for HIMSELF -BUT- A MAN stnands up for OTHERS"------------"Si vis pacem, para bellum"------------
Death-Skull
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:04 am

Snakes4africa what a person must not lose sight of is the fact that the economy has taken a dive. Pets and especially new ones are not the highest priority when people budget for the year. The cost of reptile food and electricity has gone up so this is a further inhibiting factor. Before the expos you probably only sold a select few people in your immediate area. Now you have a wider audience and sales are better than if you had stayed at home. Those 3 or 5 thousand people that pass through the gates would not have gone reptile shopping that weekend had it not been for the expo and many of the prices in shops would not have been reduced for the weekend either.

Take cars for example. At the moment your cheapest cars (Corsa bakkies and Citi Golfs) are selling well as are the cheap second hand cars. Big cars like Mercedes C class are selling many of the new cars and are in the top 10 best sellers as are Izuzu KB's. Second hand double cabs and other bakkies are standing wall to wall and not selling. Same with second hand BMW and Mercs.

The people at the top have money and the people near the bottom have money. The in betweeners do not have that extra disposable income however I expect that to change soon.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Snakes4Africa » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:28 pm

BV, I was asking more broadly. I understand the economics, I was just probing for some feed-back from other exhibitors and browsers.

Pain is temporary
Snakes4Africa
SA Reptiles Member

Postby EDDY » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:44 am

Ill always say its worthwhile because I moved allot of snakes that weekend and if it was not for the show I would still have had most of those animals.

See what I also do is when I have allot of animals I will send pricelists out to petshops and they order what livestock they need and I deliver. Before the show I send pricelists to most of the petshop around joburg and pretoria and what happend the shops didnt really want to order animals. So a week before the show I booked a stand and put a R100 or R200 on to the wholesale price and I sold allot of the animals. All the people saw how many stuff I sold so the following weeks the petshops phoned and started to buy stuff.

So I say the shows help.
"if this car drive into group of gypsy, would there be any damage to the car?" BORAT
EDDY
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Snakes4Africa » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:55 am

Good to know.

Pain is temporary
Snakes4Africa
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Buck Rogers » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:03 pm

TEGAN wrote:lookin for albino females and differnt couler morphs for sale will pay cash

Try posting in the wanted section partner
Life is a beautiful struggle
Buck Rogers
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bianca » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:25 pm

Anyone else pick up mites from the expo?

I suggest you all have a look at your new guys and girls to make sure they're clean.

Hope it's all good!

Bianca.
Bianca
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Herpetological Associations, Non Profit Clubs, Events & Legalities