West Rand Herp Association

This section is for non-profit organisations, Events and Legalities. Please do not use it for advertising. If you wish to post an Event, please seek approval via Bushviper or Bushbaby.

Re: West Rand Herp Association

Postby Ozzy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:10 am

ReptileCorner wrote:Myself, Cornelius and CLSmith have chatted with Bushviper and Bushbaby about opening a West Rand Herp Association.
We would not meet on the same days as the THA - allowing THA members to have the option to go to both meetings if they felt the need.

The idea would be that we cater for members in the Westrand and surrounds that cannot make the THA meetings because of distance etc.

We would like some feedback from sareptiles users in the Westrand and North Johannesburg.
1.) Who would be interested?
2.) How often would you want to meet. i.e - Once a month? Every two months?
3.) If anyone has any contact with a library, or a type of centre where we could have these meetings, please let us know. (You can pm me or Corne)
4.) Would you be interested in having a youth group? One that could be geared towards 13 year olds and under? This group could run at the same time. Or would you only want one group where adults and younger members are mixed?

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Hi Im Tyrin im 11 years old and im interested in joining? Im very interested in snakes and ive got a pet boa named ozzy and ive caught many snakes including the African Rock Python and the Boomslang. :)
Ozzy
SA Reptiles member (restricted)

Re: West Rand Herp Association

Postby Ozzy » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:49 pm

I would like to join and my mom will give you a call.We live in kyalami and my mom owns wooden horse ranch in muldersdrift.I herd about WRHA at the crocodile farm so I would like to go to your meeting on the 6 of August I just want to get a little bit more info.Hope to see you there
PS: Im 11 years old
Ozzy
SA Reptiles member (restricted)

Previous

Return to Herpetological Associations, Non Profit Clubs, Events & Legalities